New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Can I import podcasts to new Podcasts App?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

markwco

markwco is on a distinguished road

I just downloaded the new Podcasts app for both my iPhone and iPad. I was so glad to see this app and want to set up all my podcasts in it. I have approximately 125 podcasts I subscribe to. I have them all set up on my Mac in iTunes and also on both my iPhone and iPad in Downcast.
I don't want to have to set them all up on both my iPad and iPhone again on the Podcasts app.
Is there any way that I can import Podcasts into the app from Downcast or even iTunes on my Mac?
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The Podcast app should automatically see any podcasts you told iTunes you wanted to sync to the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

I'm not happy with the app. It appears to pull the list of podcasts by subscription, not the contents if iTunes. Example...after I listen to one I delete it. The normal music app only shows the ones that remain. The new app lists a ton. Plus, it showed the unread blue dot by podcasts I'd already listened to.

Also, the GUI is way too small and busy now. I mount my phone in my car where I can reach it and cue/rewind by sliding. Now the red bar is so tiny it's hard to see. The app also has serious hitches that forces me to make multiple attempt to "slide" before it takes. Bottom line...forces me to take my eyes off the road for way too long (i.e. longer than it takes to change the radio).

Needs polish...
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Needs iCloud sync

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

PLease explain...I use iCloud for everything else just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrd View Post
PLease explain...I use iCloud for everything else just fine.
At time of writing the Podcasts app didn't sync playback position between devices using iCloud. It does now.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone and podcast issues | Copy home video in Podcasts app to desktop from iPad »