Thread: iCloud outage?

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    iCloud outage?
    Hmm, I don't usually get impatient with such things but, I noticed that the photos I took on my iPhone 4 *wish I had my real camera* from a short while ago, hadn't moved over to Aperture when I got home. The phone defaults to my wifi network, and that part is working just fine. I'm also trying to back up my phone's data to the cloud, and it won't even do that. Says "The Last Backup Could Not Be Completed" and that's that.

Taking a photo puts the photo into the photostream library on the phone, but not in Aperture. Haven't tried iPhoto, but it doesn't matter since PS will only work on one app at a time.

Anybody in the NYC area having any cloud issues, or even outside of NYC? The servers are in NC, hope it has nothing to do with the extreme heat we're experiencing.

Doug

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Probably not heat related (unless they royally borked their datacenter bulid), we've got machines happily running when it's well over 105 outside without issue.

There was a reported problem, it wouldn't surprise me if there continued to be some unreported issues.

iCloud: Services - 06/20/2012 09:00-13:00 PDT - Users Affected: Some
    06/20/2012 13:06 PDT
    Users may have been unable to access iCloud services. Normal service has been restored.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Hmm. That was two days ago, doubt it would carry over until today. Thanks Mike.

I'm a bit suspicious that it has something to do with me installing iOS 6 beta and reverting back to 5.1.1 a few days later. Coincides with the time that I did it, which was about 5 days ago. I did back up my stuff, but when I look at the backup folder, I see not one or two, but three backups! One could very well be the iPad, but that is also backed up on my wife's MBP.

I'm not really sure of how to tell the difference between them, else I'd delte the unnecessary ones and keep the oldest available.

Doug

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    iCloud did have a brief outage Wednesday:

iCloud users experience Wednesday outage [u] | iPodNN

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
    Hmm. That was two days ago, doubt it would carry over until today. Thanks Mike.

I'm a bit suspicious that it has something to do with me installing iOS 6 beta and reverting back to 5.1.1 a few days later. Coincides with the time that I did it, which was about 5 days ago. I did back up my stuff, but when I look at the backup folder, I see not one or two, but three backups! One could very well be the iPad, but that is also backed up on my wife's MBP.

I'm not really sure of how to tell the difference between them, else I'd delte the unnecessary ones and keep the oldest available.

Doug
    Ooops! Sorry Doug, I was trying to copy/paste from my iPhone.. in a bar.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    Is there a log in the backup files that will say when the backups are from?

Doug

Thread Information