Specs:
    MacBook Pro Mid 2009
    Hey Guys! New to the Forum......
    Get used to some questions as I will probably pick your minds apart!

Here is my deal, I am wondering if I can stream live video/audio to my tv via my iPad? I have a SC-57 Pioneer receiver that is Apple friendly (somewhat but thats a different subject) If there is no way that I can do this, how can I display what is going on with my Macbook Pro to either my TV or my receiver so I can stream a live concert this evening???? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!

-Pricer

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Price1975 View Post
    Here is my deal, I am wondering if I can stream live video/audio to my tv via my iPad?
    Sure. You can use an AirPlay-compatible third-party device for high-end audio and a $99 Apple TV for video and mirroring. All wireless, works great.

how can I display what is going on with my Macbook Pro to either my TV or my receiver so I can stream a live concert this evening???? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!
    See my previous answer. More info on AirPlay:

Apple - AirPlay

The Pioneer SC-57 is AirPlay compatible for audio so all you need is the Apple TV unit.

PS. The AirPlay can also be used to mirror what's on your iPad 2 or 2012 iPad through the Apple TV as well as just movies, photos, TV shows etc.

Yeah apple tv my friend is the best idea! Make things so much easier ofcourse you could try
    using an app similar to layar i forget the name of the apple friendly version but it utilizes your home network to relay media.

Good luck my friend.

Thread Information