Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ios 6 ?!?!

Specs:
    2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
    Ios 6 ?!?!
    I heard that IOS 6 is coming out on the 23rd is this true? If so does anyone know what more they are bringing to the iPhone and iPad as I'm pretty sure that iOS 5 hasn't been out long
    by Mac Mad

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Here you are - all the info you'll need.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    iOS 6 won't be out for a few months. It was just announced. I'd expect no sooner than October for an actual release, but there is nothing in stone. iOS 5 has been out for almost a year now.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10

Specs:
    2011 macbook pro 13.3'' i7 750gb 8gb ram, iPad 3 64gb white, black iPhone 5
    Oh wow looks pretty good
    by Mac Mad

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Thread moved. Not a rumor or report. OP provided no link. Please read the Sticky Notice at the head of the Rumor and Reports forum before posting.

It's kind of surprising to me that facebook is getting directly integrated, anyone else feel this way?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    It's many things...... but it's definitely not a surprise.

There are so many people with Facebook accounts, so many posts daily, it has huge internet penetration. The only thing surprising about it's integration is that it's taken this long to come.
    Facebook has huge reach now. Nearly every blog, news site, forum, shop front has a Facebook login option. In the case of some apps and sites it's mandatory! I fully expect not to be able to open my car door without logging into Facebook soon.

But, for me at least, it's not that welcome. I does, however, look like it's 'under the bonnet' so you won't have the grinning F everywhere, just easy access to share and post from the activity menu, if that's your thing.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    For people who use Facebook, having it integrated will be a huge help.

For people who aren't on Facebook, it will be a complete non-issue, the same way Twitter integration is handled right now.

I am much amused by the people who get all bent out of shape about FB integration and threaten to quit Apple or something. It's pretty hilarious, you should see the looks on their faces when I point out that they've had Twitter integration all this time and the world didn't come to an end.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    I agree, thankfully Apple's handling of Twitter and FB integration has been typically low key. It's a shame others don't do the same..... Spotify!!! I'm looking at you ......
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    I agree, thankfully Apple's handling of Twitter and FB integration has been typically low key. It's a shame others don't do the same..... Spotify!!! I'm looking at you ......
    I absolutely agree with your Spotify request, we can only hope right.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro.
    Facebook, Twitter? Phifff! What a wait of time. Like I really need to tell the whole world what I did today. Or they are really interested. I'd rather mow the lawn.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by AliOop View Post
    Facebook, Twitter? Phifff! What a wait of time. Like I really need to tell the whole world what I did today. Or they are really interested. I'd rather mow the lawn.
    The beauty of FB is that you only let those who you want, be able to see what you posted... I do this all the time only let close friends read some stuff i post and the crappy stuff goes out to the rest on my list.... And thats not "the whole world".

I can't believe people still feel this way, and if you have something like Social Fixer for Facebook fixes annoyances, adds features, and enhances existing functionality to make Facebook more fun and efficient installed as a extension, you can even grate it down more to your liking and not be tied down by FB rules..

Cheers
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Well I can take it a step farther, Getting on forums is a waste of time, you could be mowing the lawn, with your mate, shopping. You could say that any Smartphone is a Waste of time if you wanted to or a computer, TV Set, Stereo, iPod.

I have reconnected with many old friends from my school days on Facebook that I had no way to find and am very happy I am now able to keep in touch with them. That to me is not a waste of time.

Also a lot of people live in Apartments or Condos and don't have a lawn to mow! I miss mowing the lawn in fact. When I was a kid I earned $.50 a lawn and it was fun and good exercise. No power mower for me!

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Man after my own heart. Maybe we're getting too old for that stuff?

BTW, it's too miserably hot here in Texas for me to be mowing the lawn. I use a lawn service.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Man after my own heart. Maybe we're getting too old for that stuff?

BTW, it's too miserably hot here in Texas for me to be mowing the lawn. I use a lawn service.
    Twitter I can't stand but FB has helped me in many ways.

How hot Charlie? It was 105 here and still at over 100 at 7PM!!

No lawns for me either!

Thread Information