Thread: Account Transfer/iCloud
05-16-2012, 07:34 PM #1
- Member Since
- Apr 29, 2010
A coworker of mine is having troubles with her @me.com account and is looking to do several things. She would like to have one single account for all her Apple needs (iTunes, iCloud) she would like to transfer all her photos out of her Mobile Me and place them into her iPhoto. She would like to update to iCloud so that all her devices work smoothly.
I am fairly tech savy but I never bought a Mobile Me account so I am not familiar with how it works. Here is what I am planning on doing.
1) (somehow) transferring all her photos to her local machine and placing them into her iPhoto.
2) Transfering her iTunes account (she used her work email) to her @me.com account so she only has to use one single account.
- Is there a way i can even do this? will all her purchases transfer to her @me.com account?
3) Update her computer to Lion and fully setup iCloud (easy enough)
Any advice would be great. Thanks!
05-17-2012, 05:15 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 22, 2010
- Victoria, BC
- Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
The photos in her MM account should *already* be on iPhoto, as that is pretty much the only way you can get them onto a Photo Gallery in the first place.
2 is not going to happen. Apple does not presently offer any way to consolidate accounts. She should just pick one of her accounts and use that for ALL purchases (you can use a different one for email etc just not purchases.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By LimerickRake in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 03-26-2015, 12:05 PM
By Applet in forum iPhone Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-05-2014, 09:22 PM
By hspit in forum iOS and AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-19-2013, 03:08 PM
By Chuck67322 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2012, 11:55 PM
By didjaever in forum iPhone Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-12-2011, 09:08 PM