New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Can't Sync Contacts Anymore

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Ok, I've been fighting this for a while and thought I could fix it on my own but I don't know what else to do.

The problem is that whenever I sync my iPhone 4 or iPad (1st Gen) in iTunes (wireless or plugged in) I get as far as step 3 "Syncing Contacts" and it just hangs. I mean it goes forever! Nothing ever happens. This started sometime around January or February of this year. I don't know what changed. I've had my MBP since 2008 and my iPhone 4 since Nov, 2010. They have always worked fine together. Recently it became a big pain when I added a group in Address Book on my Mac that I wanted to sync with my phone because it's so much easier (for me) to type a bunch of #'s and addresses (copy/paste) with the Mac than with the iPhone. Anyways, when I open iTunes and it sees my iPhone, I click on the Info tab to see my contact groups. Well, the new one I created isn't there. It doesn't show up. I made sure to close Address Book after working in it. I tried closing iTunes and re-opening it. I restarted my phone and restarted my MBP.

I don't know if this is an Apple ID problem somehow, but I'm throwing this out there...
My Apple ID is older and is not an email address. When I set up Find My Phone back whenever that was a new feature, it required an Apple ID that is an email address. So I used my gmail email as an Apple ID. Well, technically that isn't the same Apple ID as what I use for iTunes, and my iOS devices. Could that make any difference? Did I somehow confuse the crap out of iTunes? I don't know. I'm just wondering why I'm having so much trouble. It also won't backup my iPhone or iPad anymore.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Outlook synced through Dropbox? | Help, I can't download digital downloads »