New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Error "could not be downloaded at this time"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jorg

Jorg is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if someone could help me with this:

It started a few weeks ago that on both my iPhone and iPad I have problems downloading and updating apps.
I keep getting the error message "could not be downloaded at this time" with the options "done" or "retry".
It doesnt happen all the time but it happens a lot.

At first I thought it was the internet connection in the house but the same thing happens when I'm connected to the wifi at work or to the wifi at friends houses.

I restarted my iPhone 4 times once and then it finally worked. I cant do this all the time though. lol

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Its just strange that it happens on both iPhone and iPad.
All other internet services work fine on both devices.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Chances are you are in the wrong iTunes store. Scroll down to the bottom and make sure the country flag you see is the same one as where you are.
QUOTE Thanks
Jorg

Jorg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Chances are you are in the wrong iTunes store. Scroll down to the bottom and make sure the country flag you see is the same one as where you are.
I checked both iPhone and iPad and both are set to the UK (which is where I am).
I still keep getting the problem. It's really annoying. Only restarting a few times seems to help.
QUOTE Thanks
Grottenolm

Grottenolm is on a distinguished road

I've got the exact same issue. I'm in the right country (uk) and restarting 4 times does not solve the issue, neither on iPad nor on iPhone. I also read on another forum that deleting your apple ID on the device and then re-adding it solves the problem but I can only log out in the app store settings (no delete button) and delete the iCloud account, neither of which solves the issue. Apple, could you please provide a bug fix for this? It's rather annoying as I cannot even use the old version of the apps until the updates are fixed.
QUOTE Thanks
ShockC

ShockC is on a distinguished road

I have not been able to do this successfully for some time now. In desperation I have scrapped my iPhone and now use an Android device with no such issues on the same wifi connection. D I need to scrap my iPad too? Hope not. If I could only be to.d what the error is -- that's what error messages are for - I'd fix it myself. Feeling very frustrated.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Does the same issue occur in iTunes?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Get hold of iExplorer or Phone Browse.

Connect your phone (in one of the above apps) - navigate to Media - Downloads
There will be a file called downloads.nnnnnnnnn.sqlitedb - where nnnnnnnnn is a number
Drag that file somewhere as a back, then delete it from the phone
Cleanly disconnect your phone
Shut it down and restart
A new version of this database file will be created on start up. It's the database that maintains the current state of app versions/updates etc.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone 4s/5 skype running in bckground? | Notepad on iPad sends notes to my moms email!!!! »