Error "could not be downloaded at this time"
    I was wondering if someone could help me with this:

It started a few weeks ago that on both my iPhone and iPad I have problems downloading and updating apps.
    I keep getting the error message "could not be downloaded at this time" with the options "done" or "retry".
    It doesnt happen all the time but it happens a lot.

At first I thought it was the internet connection in the house but the same thing happens when I'm connected to the wifi at work or to the wifi at friends houses.

I restarted my iPhone 4 times once and then it finally worked. I cant do this all the time though. lol

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Its just strange that it happens on both iPhone and iPad.
    All other internet services work fine on both devices.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Chances are you are in the wrong iTunes store. Scroll down to the bottom and make sure the country flag you see is the same one as where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Chances are you are in the wrong iTunes store. Scroll down to the bottom and make sure the country flag you see is the same one as where you are.
    I checked both iPhone and iPad and both are set to the UK (which is where I am).
    I still keep getting the problem. It's really annoying. Only restarting a few times seems to help.

Same problem
    I've got the exact same issue. I'm in the right country (uk) and restarting 4 times does not solve the issue, neither on iPad nor on iPhone. I also read on another forum that deleting your apple ID on the device and then re-adding it solves the problem but I can only log out in the app store settings (no delete button) and delete the iCloud account, neither of which solves the issue. Apple, could you please provide a bug fix for this? It's rather annoying as I cannot even use the old version of the apps until the updates are fixed.

Updating apps
    I have not been able to do this successfully for some time now. In desperation I have scrapped my iPhone and now use an Android device with no such issues on the same wifi connection. D I need to scrap my iPad too? Hope not. If I could only be to.d what the error is -- that's what error messages are for - I'd fix it myself. Feeling very frustrated.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Does the same issue occur in iTunes?
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 9.7, AppleTV (4)
    Get hold of iExplorer or Phone Browse.

Connect your phone (in one of the above apps) - navigate to Media - Downloads
    There will be a file called downloads.nnnnnnnnn.sqlitedb - where nnnnnnnnn is a number
    Drag that file somewhere as a back, then delete it from the phone
    Cleanly disconnect your phone
    Shut it down and restart
    A new version of this database file will be created on start up. It's the database that maintains the current state of app versions/updates etc.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thread Information