New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Saving iPhone pictures from another iPhone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

drgrafix

drgrafix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1

My son gave his 4 year old daughter his old iPhone (no active account) and there are some great candid pictures of my grandkids on it that I'd like to copy onto my Iphone and my wife's iPhone. I can't email or text them over, and if I plug the phone in to my mac... it sees the phone but doesn't see the camera roll.

Is there any method to copy the pictures onto my iphone without an active iPhone communications or data account?

Thanks!

Without Curiosity, Intelligence Is Nonexistent
Aging Grandpa drives a Supercharged Ford SVT Lightning & Mini Cooper-S Turbo
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

That iPhone has to be synced with SOME computer, so my suggestion would be to plug it into that computer, get the photos, put them on a thumb drive, then put them on your computer.
QUOTE Thanks
boos1993

boos1993 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgrafix View Post
My son gave his 4 year old daughter his old iPhone (no active account) and there are some great candid pictures of my grandkids on it that I'd like to copy onto my Iphone and my wife's iPhone. I can't email or text them over, and if I plug the phone in to my mac... it sees the phone but doesn't see the camera roll.

Is there any method to copy the pictures onto my iphone without an active iPhone communications or data account?

Thanks!
Its a very simple process actually!
Plug in the iPhone your mac
Open iPhoto
On the left Side panel, under "devices" click on the iPhone that just appeared.
Either:
Click Import xxx Photos and they will be saved to iPhoto
or:
Press Comand+A to select all the photos on the iPhone and drag them into a new folder.

Voila! All the photos are now saved to the mac and safe from your grandson's accidental deleting

Andrew
QUOTE Thanks
drgrafix

drgrafix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boos1993 View Post
Its a very simple process actually!
Plug in the iPhone your mac
Open iPhoto
On the left Side panel, under "devices" click on the iPhone that just appeared.
Either:
Click Import xxx Photos and they will be saved to iPhoto
or:
Press Comand+A to select all the photos on the iPhone and drag them into a new folder.

Voila! All the photos are now saved to the mac and safe from your grandson's accidental deleting

Andrew
Perfect! Thanks. Forgot all about iPhoto and didn't realize I could import from another iPhone. Her "phone" may be sync'd to a computer back at home but its not here and that worked great!

Without Curiosity, Intelligence Is Nonexistent
Aging Grandpa drives a Supercharged Ford SVT Lightning & Mini Cooper-S Turbo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iphone not syncing | Installed OS »