New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mstrpeak

mstrpeak is on a distinguished road

I need to watch movies on my iphone4s, need a vide o player.
i have done lots of google search, there are so ma ny of them!
which one is the best? please help

avplayer rushplayer seems to have the best playbac k speed, and goodplayer aceplayer buzzplayer also  claims to be good, how can i choose one??
QUOTE Thanks
mstrpeak

ok, since no one is responding, i have taken my shot, just purchased RushPlayer, it meets my need.
thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Was there something wrong with the included "Videos" app?
QUOTE Thanks
mstrpeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Was there something wrong with the included "Videos" app?
you mean apple's video player? lots of video formats are not supported, like avi, mkv.. i need to get a video player supporting everything just like vlc on mac, but with better performance.
QUOTE Thanks
mstrpeak

how nice if apple can create a perfect video player itself !!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrpeak View Post
you mean apple's video player? lots of video formats are not supported, like avi, mkv.. i need to get a video player supporting everything just like vlc on mac, but with better performance.
Why not just convert the videos?

For a very limited time, a port of VLC was available for the iPhone; I happened to grab it at that time and still have it. It does a TERRIBLE job of playing those files ... lots of motion artifacts, buffering, out of sync etc etc ... and this is on an iPhone 4, the next to fastest thing Apple sells in mobile devices!

Find a good batch converter that can convert the files while you're asleep and load em up that way ... A LOT less hassle. I mean, if there's really a player that can SMOOTHLY and CORRECTLY play those formats on an iPad/iPhone I'm all ears, but as far as I can determine this hasn't happened yet.
QUOTE Thanks
mstrpeak

my friend, you are talking about things happened two years ago.
try RushPlayer or AVPlayer, see if you still need a converter...

Quote:
Why not just convert the videos?

For a very limited time, a port of VLC was available for the iPhone; I happened to grab it at that time and still have it. It does a TERRIBLE job of playing those files ... lots of motion artifacts, buffering, out of sync etc etc ... and this is on an iPhone 4, the next to fastest thing Apple sells in mobile devices!

Find a good batch converter that can convert the files while you're asleep and load em up that way ... A LOT less hassle. I mean, if there's really a player that can SMOOTHLY and CORRECTLY play those formats on an iPad/iPhone I'm all ears, but as far as I can determine this hasn't happened yet.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrpeak View Post
my friend, you are talking about things happened two years ago.
try RushPlayer or AVPlayer, see if you still need a converter...
I certainly wouldn't mind trying them, but I mostly "rip" my movies myself, I don't download them much as that's generally illegal.

But I'm glad to hear there is progress on this front over VLC. It will occasionally play things smoothly, but for the most part its pretty awful.
QUOTE Thanks
aoifeee

aoifeee is on a distinguished road

I agree that converting the files is probably the best idea.
QUOTE Thanks
mstrpeak

Ha, you are right, i don't watch videos that much too. but it won't do you any bad to have a video player on your device. the performance for rushplayer is ok, no obvious lag.

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't mind trying them, but I mostly "rip" my movies myself, I don't download them much as that's generally illegal.

But I'm glad to hear there is progress on this front over VLC. It will occasionally play things smoothly, but for the most part its pretty awful.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Paying (or not) for iCloud | Does an App Like This Exist??? Records Every Key You Press? »