New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Deleting photos from iPad/ Photostream on new IOS 5.1, still not happening for me?!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sluthenly

Sluthenly is on a distinguished road

Hi there, this is my 1st thread and I'm just going crazy with NOT being able to delete photos from my iPad?!
It seems that these photos were in iPhoto, that were scanned in on my mac and now they just sit in my photos on my iPad and just won't delete at all?
I have deleted them from iPhoto and emptied the trash and they are not traceable at all.
It's like they are stuck in no mans land, but a small issue has become something that's driving me crazy!!!?!
So when I see the new update IOS 5.1 and it says that you can now delete photos from Photostream I thought that all my problems are now solved but...... No

Please help fellow mac pals.

Also does anyone know if you can go from, tiger - lion, or, tiger - snow leopard?

Cheers
Damo
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Welcome to the forum.

I take it these are in synced libraries not Photostream or the camera roll?
If you connect your iPad to iTunes, go to the photo tab and untick 'sync photos'. Then sync your iPad. This should remove them.

You can't go tiger - Lion (unless you buy Lion on a USB stick and do a clean install).
You can go from Tiger to SnowLeopard so long as you have the Snow Leopard Retail disc.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just can't access photo library on iPhone from Mac system | apple iphone »