Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Creating Ringtones for the iphone
    I just got a iPhone 4S and am using it with the latest version of itunes for Snow Leopard. I have followed the instructions on this page (How To Create Ringtone for iPhone on iTunes 10) to the letter and it does not work for me. Anyone know how to create ringtones for the iPhone 4S?

John

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You can google ringtone for iPhone and you will find more of the same. There are even youtube videos showing you how to make ringtones. Maybe one of the other ones maybe more helpful to you. I have used some instructions which were similar to what you have posted with good results. Just remember for ring tones no more than 30 seconds and text tones no more than 5 seconds.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Quote Originally Posted by rman View Post
    You can google ringtone for iPhone and you will find more of the same. There are even youtube videos showing you how to make ringtones. Maybe one of the other ones maybe more helpful to you. I have used some instructions which were similar to what you have posted with good results. Just remember for ring tones no more than 30 seconds and text tones no more than 5 seconds.
    Yes as mentioned I have read about 5 articles and watched a You Tube video and still it does not work. If you read the comments in some You Tube videos and other places on the web, there are others having the same problem. I think it may have something to do with the iOS, the model of iPhone, and the version of Mac OS & iTunes. I convert my tunes to 30 seconds or less and convert them to m4r or the format mentioned in the articles. I drop them to the iTunes library and they do not show up in the tones tab. I click on the tune and it doe snot show up in the library.

No wonder why
    This video here explained everything.

CNET TV | Video Product Reviews, CNET Podcasts, Tech Shows, Live CNET Video - CNET TV

The conversion process does not work with older iTunes purchases. This is something every single good post did not explain.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Looking at the video, thats how I did it -
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Looking at the video, thats how I did it -
    There has to be some other factor involved then. I tell you what go to this page and download these ringers and try to get them to play on your system. One of the files is a MP3 file that you can use to try and create a ringer for me if you would be so kind. If it still fails then perhaps there is a issue with my Mac OS somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/home#/Public:::

I got an app in the iPhone store and used it to create ringtones. It works GREAT!!!!

Specs:
    Cool
    What app did you get for anyone looking for an easier way

What app did you get for anyone looking for an easier way
    RMaker. It works very well.

Specs:
    13" Early 2011 Macbook Pro 8 GB RAM / 2TB 4Th Gen Time Capsule/ iPhone 4S 64 GB Verizon /80GB iPod
    Free Ringtone Maker! It is free in the app store, works perfectly with your iTunes library. It converts, and moves it right to your ringtone folder in iTunes. So simple, I can even use it!!!!

{Edit} I should point out the app I referred to, is in the Mac app store.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnell73 View Post
    Free Ringtone Maker! It is free in the app store, works perfectly with your iTunes library. It converts, and moves it right to your ringtone folder in iTunes. So simple, I can even use it!!!!

{Edit} I should point out the app I referred to, is in the Mac app store.
    Is it easier than RMaker? I used that app and created all the ringtones I will need for now.

Specs:
    13" Early 2011 Macbook Pro 8 GB RAM / 2TB 4Th Gen Time Capsule/ iPhone 4S 64 GB Verizon /80GB iPod
    I am not familiar with RMaker. I'm sure they are both comperable.

Specs:
    Snow Leopard (VitualBox)
    Quote Originally Posted by evangelist6589 View Post
    I just got a iPhone 4S and am using it with the latest version of itunes for Snow Leopard. I have followed the instructions on this page (How To Create Ringtone for iPhone on iTunes 10) to the letter and it does not work for me. Anyone know how to create ringtones for the iPhone 4S?

John
    I wrote a blog on how to do this on a windows version of itunes a while back.

Hope it helps

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Thanks for the link, it will help others in the future, as your answering a 10mth old thread.

I like RMaker but once you make it on the phone, you then have to sync it with iTunes under Apps>File Sharing>RMaker
    If you scroll to the bottom of the Apps Page you will see them under File Sharing, and then you need to Sync them as a Tone
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Why wouldn't I just use Garageband, which has a built-in facility for this?

Thread Information