New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Creating Ringtones for the iphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

evangelist6589

evangelist6589 has a spectacular aura about

I just got a iPhone 4S and am using it with the latest version of itunes for Snow Leopard. I have followed the instructions on this page (How To Create Ringtone for iPhone on iTunes 10) to the letter and it does not work for me. Anyone know how to create ringtones for the iPhone 4S?

John
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You can google ringtone for iPhone and you will find more of the same. There are even youtube videos showing you how to make ringtones. Maybe one of the other ones maybe more helpful to you. I have used some instructions which were similar to what you have posted with good results. Just remember for ring tones no more than 30 seconds and text tones no more than 5 seconds.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
evangelist6589

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
You can google ringtone for iPhone and you will find more of the same. There are even youtube videos showing you how to make ringtones. Maybe one of the other ones maybe more helpful to you. I have used some instructions which were similar to what you have posted with good results. Just remember for ring tones no more than 30 seconds and text tones no more than 5 seconds.
Yes as mentioned I have read about 5 articles and watched a You Tube video and still it does not work. If you read the comments in some You Tube videos and other places on the web, there are others having the same problem. I think it may have something to do with the iOS, the model of iPhone, and the version of Mac OS & iTunes. I convert my tunes to 30 seconds or less and convert them to m4r or the format mentioned in the articles. I drop them to the iTunes library and they do not show up in the tones tab. I click on the tune and it doe snot show up in the library.
QUOTE Thanks
evangelist6589

This video here explained everything.

CNET TV | Video Product Reviews, CNET Podcasts, Tech Shows, Live CNET Video - CNET TV

The conversion process does not work with older iTunes purchases. This is something every single good post did not explain.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Looking at the video, thats how I did it -

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
evangelist6589

Quote:
Looking at the video, thats how I did it -
There has to be some other factor involved then. I tell you what go to this page and download these ringers and try to get them to play on your system. One of the files is a MP3 file that you can use to try and create a ringer for me if you would be so kind. If it still fails then perhaps there is a issue with my Mac OS somewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/home#/Public:::
QUOTE Thanks
evangelist6589

I got an app in the iPhone store and used it to create ringtones. It works GREAT!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

What app did you get for anyone looking for an easier way

QUOTE Thanks
evangelist6589

Quote:
What app did you get for anyone looking for an easier way
RMaker. It works very well.
QUOTE Thanks
Carnell73

Carnell73 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Early 2011 Macbook Pro 8 GB RAM / 2TB 4Th Gen Time Capsule/ iPhone 4S 64 GB Verizon /80GB iPod

Free Ringtone Maker! It is free in the app store, works perfectly with your iTunes library. It converts, and moves it right to your ringtone folder in iTunes. So simple, I can even use it!!!!

{Edit} I should point out the app I referred to, is in the Mac app store.
QUOTE Thanks
evangelist6589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnell73 View Post
Free Ringtone Maker! It is free in the app store, works perfectly with your iTunes library. It converts, and moves it right to your ringtone folder in iTunes. So simple, I can even use it!!!!

{Edit} I should point out the app I referred to, is in the Mac app store.
Is it easier than RMaker? I used that app and created all the ringtones I will need for now.
QUOTE Thanks
Carnell73

Carnell73 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Early 2011 Macbook Pro 8 GB RAM / 2TB 4Th Gen Time Capsule/ iPhone 4S 64 GB Verizon /80GB iPod

I am not familiar with RMaker. I'm sure they are both comperable.
QUOTE Thanks
fxv300

fxv300 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Snow Leopard (VitualBox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist6589 View Post
I just got a iPhone 4S and am using it with the latest version of itunes for Snow Leopard. I have followed the instructions on this page (How To Create Ringtone for iPhone on iTunes 10) to the letter and it does not work for me. Anyone know how to create ringtones for the iPhone 4S?

John
I wrote a blog on how to do this on a windows version of itunes a while back.

Hope it helps
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Thanks for the link, it will help others in the future, as your answering a 10mth old thread.

I like RMaker but once you make it on the phone, you then have to sync it with iTunes under Apps>File Sharing>RMaker
If you scroll to the bottom of the Apps Page you will see them under File Sharing, and then you need to Sync them as a Tone

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Why wouldn't I just use Garageband, which has a built-in facility for this?
That's a neat tip. I never played around with Garageband that much to find that feature.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Moving Documents | iTunes Match and Playlists »