Thread: Sharing apps?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Sharing apps?
    OK, so this might be a dumb question, but having multiple iPhones in the household is something new to me and Google has been less than helpful in this instance.

Here's the scenario...

My wife has a shiny new iPhone 4s. I have the older 4. I've accumulated quite a number of paid-for apps over time, but I have my own separate iTunes library on my Mac - and she has her own on her Windows 7 machine.

I'd like to transfer some of my apps over to her library (not all of them, just a few). Home Sharing doesn't seem to allow me to browse apps on my Mac (only music). Is there some way to do this aside from syncing her iPhone to my iTunes library?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Never mind, figured it out. Apple makes this pretty easy. Basically, I just needed to log her out of her iTunes account, log myself in, download the apps I wanted to save to her library and then log her back in. Couldn't be simpler.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Specs:
    -->
    You will probably have to authorize her computer to your account too. Same scenario here (wife got the better 4S) and we share the apps and her computer uses one of my authorizations.
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
    You will probably have to authorize her computer to your account too. Same scenario here (wife got the better 4S) and we share the apps and her computer uses one of my authorizations.
    You're right, it did. But it seems to be working great now.

I'm pretty happy with my 4... even though Siri is a cool toy, and there is definitely a tangible difference in speed, I'm taking solace in the fact that my contract will be up just in time for the iPhone 5

Specs:
    -->
    Same here, the 4 is still a great phone. My upgrade is mid April, so I should be sitting pretty for the next iPhone. I have informed "The Boss" that she is not getting anything this time, but she does have her ways!
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Thread Information