New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Lost Contacts, Message, photos after IOS 5.0.1 Update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hunkychap_07

hunkychap_07 is on a distinguished road

I updated ios 5.0.1 yesterday and then Sync with itune to copy my apps and others. Later this morning I relise that my message and photos has been deleted and my contacts on iphone has been replaced with contacts from addressbook from mac.

I had just a few contacts on mac which I store from my last Sony Ericson Mobile.

I am in Big Trouble now. No contacts, no message and no photos, which I really want it back.

Suggest me people.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

You don't say which version of iOS you had before the update, which iPhone you have or any other detail about what you did and when but. . .

Firstly untick the sync contacts with Address Book in iTunes then restore your iPhone with the backup that was taken prior to updating.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
hunkychap_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
You don't say which version of iOS you had before the update, which iPhone you have or any other detail about what you did and when but. . .

Firstly untick the sync contacts with Address Book in iTunes then restore your iPhone with the backup that was taken prior to updating.
I am using iphone 4. Its on 01.59.00 baseband and not a factory unlocked. I was on 4.3.2 and I updated custom ios 5.0.1 then Jailbroke and then Unlock. Everything worked properly and now I have an unlocked iphone4, jailbroken on ios 5.0.1. Then I setup my all new iphone with icloud enabled then restored from itune. Got all my apps back but there is no photos, message and my iphone contacts replaced the contacts from my mac address book.
QUOTE Thanks
hunkychap_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrplow View Post

Also how do I restore my backup that was taken prior to update.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Only app settings are stored in the backup so getting your apps back just means you did a sync with iTunes. It doesn't sound as though the backup was restored automatically (as it should be when doing an upgrade - though I'm unsure how your jailbreak/unlocking activities may have impacted the upgrade process).

To restore a backup just hit Restore in iTunes with your phone connected. It'll restore the phone to the latest version os iOS then present you with an oportunity to restore a backup to the phone.

Before doing the restore you can check under devices in the iTunes preferences to see if a suitable backup exists.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes match help | Circus Ponies Notebook »