New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Newsstand is invisible

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NE1956

NE1956 is on a distinguished road

Hi folks, I often use iTunes to help organize my iPhone apps, rather than doing tedious things on my iPhone. When I click APPS under my iPhone device, I can move apps into folders and so forth.

However, Newsstand is invisible, which throws my folders into a nonsensical order. For example, a folder called Travel and a folder called Tech gets overlayed together, the travel apps appearing behind and slightly above the tech apps.

It's only been this way since 5.0 (and I'm running 5.0.1). On my iPhone, all apps & folders, including Newsstand, display just fine. Anyone else see this or is bugged (pun intended) by this?
QUOTE Thanks
_Stormin

_Stormin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule

Post a screenshot? I am having a really hard time trying to imagine what you're describing.

In iTunes on your computer you are seeing the folders overlaid on top of on another because of Newsstand?
QUOTE Thanks
NE1956WS

NE1956WS is on a distinguished road

Screenshot1 - Newsstand should be displayed beside iBooks app. Screenshot 2 - 'Newsstand' label appears, Capital One is in my Finances group, the selected group is call 'Remotes'. 'Remotes' group is displaying my 'Adobe' group -- nonsensical

Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 5.35.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 5.36.24 AM.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stormin View Post
Post a screenshot? I am having a really hard time trying to imagine what you're describing.

In iTunes on your computer you are seeing the folders overlaid on top of on another because of Newsstand?
QUOTE Thanks
NE1956WS

Newsstand is also messing up my iPad. Screenshot shows my Adobe group, with 'ghosts' behind it:

Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 11.32.02 AM.png

Quote:

QUOTE Thanks
NE1956WS

Quote:

A few weeks have passed. I had to uninstall/reinstall iTunes today for another reason. Doing so also resolved the weirdness in my icon display. Shoulda just done that in the first place.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parental time restrictions for ipod internet use | Iphone 4 ios 5 Gevey problem »