New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

New iphone sync resulted in loss of contacts!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

trigger2112

trigger2112 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, iPhone3GS, iPod, iPad2

Hi
Hopefully I am posting this in the right place - please let me know if it should be in a different forum.

I got a new iphone3Gs as an in-store swap today and I totally cocked up the sync when I got home resulting in a total loss of all my contacts, notes etc.

It's a 3Gs and its backed up to a macbook pro - the old iphone was running IOS 5.0.1 and the macbook pro runs Mac OSX Version 10.7.2

I backed up my old phone at the weekend and did the swap at the iphone shop today, and the old iphone was wiped and I was given a new handset. When I got home and plugged in to sync. a message came up to say the new phone needed to be update with new software IOS 5.0.1 in order to sync so I would need to register the iphone as a new phone before I could sync.

This is where I made the mistake because when i registered it as a new phone in itunes on my macbook pro, it defaulted to the name of my previous phone and so updated the software and then synched in the process it wiped the data from the old phone .... argh!

I use Time-machine and backed up 2 weeks ago so what i would like to do is retrieve my contacts, sms messages, notes etc . Can anyone tell me how I can do this.

Appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks

Mark
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IOS 5, Camera, and Unlock Feature | Backup ipod 4.2.1 before 5.0? »