New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS5 Photo Albums and iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ghsusaxa75

ghsusaxa75 is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody,
I have been looking everywhere online but there doesn't seem to be anybody who can answer the question I have. The biggest thing (for me) about iOS5 is the ability to make photo albums in the photo app without the need for iPhoto. I have been using this to categorize my photos I have taken with my iPhone. The thing is, whenever I sync my device with iTunes and load up iPhoto, I can't seem to find anything that allows me to import my iPhone created photo albums. Is there a way where I can import the photos in my photo album only? I thought the entire point of being able to make photo albums was so that you could have the photos sync with your iPhoto app without the need to have to reorganize them. I am running the latest version of iOS5, iPhoto, and iTunes. I do have Sync photos turned off in the iTunes sync window, but I don't think that will be an issue because iTunes photo sync seems to do iPhoto to iPhone, not the other way around.
Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

No, that isn't the point of the ability to make photo albums on the iPad. The point is for the iPad to be more independent of the Mac (and the PC, which doesn't have iPhoto).

I haven't tried making an album on the iPad and then syncing it to iPhoto, so perhaps that would work (you could try it and let us know).
QUOTE Thanks
bdge

bdge is on a distinguished road

ghsusaxa75, I feel your pain -- I can't believe it's not possible to sync albums create on my iPhone to my iPhoto library.

So I tried creating an iPhoto album with the same name as one of the albums I created on my iPhone, and told iTunes to sync that album, but it just created another identically-named album on the iPhone :-/

So I tried selecting a bunch of photos in an album on the iPhone and copying them to one of the albums I'd created on iPhoto and synched to the iPhone, but all such albums were greyed out :-/

Time to re-think how I try to use Albums on the iPhone.

Apple are such a mix of the incredibly excellent and the utterly crap. This, I fear, is just them being utterly crap.

--
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting latest software version for iphone 3gs | iPhone 4 with IOS 5 will not sync Contacts »