New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS5... SERIOUSLY upsetting me.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

erose86

erose86 is on a distinguished road

Okay...

So I plugged my phone into my computer and in the capacity bar in iTunes it was showing that almost HALF of the space on my iPhone was taken up by "Other".

I have NO effing clue what "other" is, but after some research I found that it was most likely corrupt files from disconnecting during a sync... or... something else.

So I hard started my phone... and it was still there.

I finally just said screw it, "restored" my phone... and now it's done doing what it needed to do and I'm looking at the "capacity" bar again and while there's only 0.50Gigs of "other" (and I'm assuming that's the software itself) it says I have 1.40Gigs of audio on my phone... but there is NO MUSIC loaded in my phone right now!

I didn't start having all these issues until I upgraded to iOS5 on my iPhone 4.

Is this something I'm going to have to wait for Apple to fix in an update or is there a way to take care of all this now?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

do you download podcasts?

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

"Other" can be filled with the iTunes Artwork when you have Songs/Movies/TV Shows as well. Holds all the thumbnails for whatever as well.
Just a little bit more info

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
erose86

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen
do you download podcasts?
HAHAHA...

<---------------Jack***

When I opened the iPod it said there was no music... I didn't think about the fact that when I restored my phone it may have thrown the podcasts back on there.

It did.

That's probably what I'm seeing.

Hahaha, thanks for clearing that up for me ^_^
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

never mind!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

That's how fast a "seriously ****** off" person becomes a happy, capital letter "HAHAHA" writer. Seems like people these days have a very short fuse :-)

QUOTE Thanks
erose86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan View Post
That's how fast a "seriously ****** off" person becomes a happy, capital letter "HAHAHA" writer. Seems like people these days have a very short fuse :-)
It seems like it was a short-fused reaction, but I was being patient with it all day while I was trying to figure everything out. All day when I SHOULD have been editing images for a client... so when I saw that, unknowing what it was, that was sort of the last straw for me because I had already wasted a couple of hours, during which I SHOULD have been productive, haha.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for taking the time to help me figure out what the issue was... even though in the end it turned out not to be an issue at all (once I restored my phone, that is. Because before I did that, there *was* an issue...)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMessage and no phone number. | Control a slideshow on an iPad with a Mac laptop »