New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Documents Deleted from all devices with iCloud sync

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dumbmonkey

dumbmonkey is on a distinguished road

For the following just assume I followed all the guidelines on syncing a document across all devices, and MacAir, with iCloud: created doc in Pages on a mobile device (after switching over to iCloud).

Problem 1:
After following all that, then the doc should be available on iPhone and MacAir when logged into iCloud on Internet (Safari). But when I look for it on iPhone Pages, it is there for a second and then deleted.

Problem 2:
After seeing doc deleted on device, I try logging onto iCloud with MacAir. I select iWork, but even though I have Pages on my computer for years and it is updated, the only thing I can see is a welcome page saying, "iCloud for Pages," and providing only two links. One for "Learning More" and one to "Get Pages for OS." I've seen some posts about clicking on the settings wheel to work something out, but I don't have a settings wheel anywhere. The same thing happens for Numbers and Keynote.

What do I do to make doc syncing in iCloud work correctly across mobile devices and computer?

I've seen some talk about this, but I haven't seen any real answers.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbmonkey View Post
For the following just assume I followed all the guidelines on syncing a document across all devices, and MacAir, with iCloud: created doc in Pages on a mobile device (after switching over to iCloud).

Problem 1:
After following all that, then the doc should be available on iPhone and MacAir when logged into iCloud on Internet (Safari). But when I look for it on iPhone Pages, it is there for a second and then deleted.

Problem 2:
After seeing doc deleted on device, I try logging onto iCloud with MacAir. I select iWork, but even though I have Pages on my computer for years and it is updated, the only thing I can see is a welcome page saying, "iCloud for Pages," and providing only two links. One for "Learning More" and one to "Get Pages for OS." I've seen some posts about clicking on the settings wheel to work something out, but I don't have a settings wheel anywhere. The same thing happens for Numbers and Keynote.

What do I do to make doc syncing in iCloud work correctly across mobile devices and computer?

I've seen some talk about this, but I haven't seen any real answers.
Did you sign up for iCloud and have a login?

You have to login if you haven't and then go to the iWorks site.

I am not on my Mac so I can't post any screen shots. If you can't find it I'll try to post back.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
dumbmonkey

Yep. I've logged in to iCloud. I've activated and logged into iCloud on my MacAir and my iPhone and iPad. I've logged out and deleted anything related to MobileMe (iDisk) - a post somewhere else had mentioned doing that. I do have an Apple ID for iCloud and one for iTunes/App store. As background, I got an Apple ID before I decided to use MobileMe. And for whatever reason, I decided to use a different login for my MobileMe account when I got a me.com email address. So, according to Apple Support, I cannot merge the two, and it suggested that I just use my current me.com email address for iCloud and continue using my original Apple ID for iTunes/App stores, as I had been doing. I don't know if that is an issue with all of this.
QUOTE Thanks
dumbmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Did you sign up for iCloud and have a login?

You have to login if you haven't and then go to the iWorks site.

I am not on my Mac so I can't post any screen shots. If you can't find it I'll try to post back.
After this post, I did go back over everything and notice I wasn't "logged in" in Pages on my MacAir. But I logged-in under the "Share" folder in Pages after I opened Pages. Long story short, it seems to be working across all my devices. We'll see if it holds out. Thanks Razormac. I technically was logged-in but if you hadn't asked again, I may not have gone back to check the Pages thing on my MacAir.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Multiple iTunes accounts and iCloud | 3G to 4S upgrade, retina display issues »