New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Multiple iTunes accounts and iCloud

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

andy.millard

andy.millard is on a distinguished road

I have searched and I have not been able to find an answer. The last I answer i got was basically "dont use iCloud.

This is what I am trying to find out. My wife and I have different iTunes accounts (apple id's are separate). We did this because we do not like the same apps or music. How can I use iCloud to stream our photos. Even though we have different iTunes accounts, we would still like to share photos and eventually music.

Long question short...How can multiple iTunes or apple id's use iCloud without reworking everything we already have.

andy.millard
iMac:3.02 i3 4 mg ram 500g
MacBook Pro 13: 2.5 i5 4 mg ram 500g
QUOTE Thanks
Lbatson21

Lbatson21 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad

Ok I ran into the same issue and here's what I did. I created a seperate Apple ID and use that with iCloud on all my devices (my iPhone, iPad, wife's iPhone, and Mac mini). We only use certain services though through iCloud (naturally I don't want her contacts on my phone or bookmarks etc. ) Then I enabled only the features we want to share like calendar, documents, and photo stream. Now when either one takes pictures it syncs to all devices and my Mac mini. I don't do backups to iCloud, still sync my stuff to the Mac. There's no way that I know of other than having one id. It would be nice if you could enable certain parts of iCloud features to use different ids but that will probably never happen so this is what I used for a workaround.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for a forum app | Documents Deleted from all devices with iCloud sync »