New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

How useful is siri

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

pretty reasonable actually according to this little article. UK based so apparently there is less going for it than the US, but still seems a good thing to have as an add on.

BBC News - How useful is Apple's voice-controlled assistant Siri?

J
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It will get more useful over time as well.
QUOTE Thanks
_Stormin

_Stormin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule

Texting while driving... Worth it for that alone. Then the reminders and appointments. So easy to just tell the phone what I need to do and it's taken care of.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Used my neighbors now I want it just can't upgrade yet.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Pretty awesome I'd say. Especially if you want to find stuff locally. The texting while driving is awesome too.
QUOTE Thanks
darrylyoung

darrylyoung is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iPhone 5 | iPad 4

I think Siri is great. As obviously mentioned, it is in beta. From what I've seen so far though, it's got a lot of potential and it's very exciting. I've been speaking to a few people about Siri recently and their opinions are quite varied. I've heard so many people saying that it's useless. Typically, these people don't even have an iPhone. I get the idea that most people don't really know what it's capable of and that it's simply just a polished version of the Voice Recognition which ships on all iPhones. Well, I guess we know better, right?

Web Developer, Vegan & Tech geek. Berlin.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EATTHERICH View Post
I think Siri is great. As obviously mentioned, it is in beta. From what I've seen so far though, it's got a lot of potential and it's very exciting. I've been speaking to a few people about Siri recently and their opinions are quite varied. I've heard so many people saying that it's useless. Typically, these people don't even have an iPhone. I get the idea that most people don't really know what it's capable of and that it's simply just a polished version of the Voice Recognition which ships on all iPhones. Well, I guess we know better, right?
How can these people have opinions on something they don't own or have not experienced. >_>?

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nb0y32 View Post
pretty reasonable actually according to this little article. UK based so apparently there is less going for it than the US, but still seems a good thing to have as an add on.

BBC News - How useful is Apple's voice-controlled assistant Siri?

J
Love the Kermit Avatar altho i have a hard time taking you seriously lol. Everytime i read one of your posts im think right back at you.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge,
dig two graves."

Confucius (504 B.C.)
QUOTE Thanks
synergee

synergee is on a distinguished road

I'd really like Siri to get a GlaDos voice makeover!

Apple - Introducing GLaDOSiri on iPhone 4S - YouTube
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photo Events Created in Photo Library Show up in iPhoto Library on Import? | ios5 on iphone 4, mms inbox full? »