Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
    IOS 5 Camera App
    one of the new additions to the iPhone with IOS 5 was the following:

Apple Quote "Capture the moment at a momentís notice.
    Since your iPhone is always with you, itís often the best way to capture those unexpected moments. Thatís why youíll love the new camera features in iOS 5. You can open the Camera app right from the Lock screen. Use grid lines, pinch-to-zoom gestures, and single-tap focus and exposure locks to compose a picture on the fly. Then press the volume-up button to snap your photo in the nick of time. If you have Photo Stream enabled in iCloud, your photos automatically download to all your other devices".

however, i have seen the icon only once in the last 4 days (very briefly) since upgrading and it has not returned. i have tried to look through the settings but to no avail.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks in advance

J

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Which icon? The camera icon at the lock screen? If so, you need to double click the home button, same as getting to iPod controls. This has been 100% reliable for me.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    -->
    Are you double tapping the home button?? This is required to get the camera icon on the lock screen.
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 128GB iPad Pro LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
    Chaps, no, I was not double tapping the home button. I am now though, thanks for the help, i can now see and activate the camera.

I had not realised that this was also a short cut to get the iPhone/iPod controls either. so double pat for Dysfunction up there.

Very much appreciated.

J

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Which icon? The camera icon at the lock screen? If so, you need to double click the home button, same as getting to iPod controls. This has been 100% reliable for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCL View Post
    Are you double tapping the home button?? This is required to get the camera icon on the lock screen.
    Thanks to both of you. I had the same question/problem and had written the lack of camera icon to the fact I have a 3Gs and not a 4 or 4s.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information