New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Looking for some App suggestions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Of course free is preferred, but if one is truly worth paying for, we don't mind. So I should start off by saying that I finally bought an iPad2. The first gen didn't interest me much, but after seeing how mature some of the apps have become, as well as the OS for that matter, it only took a few reasons to go ahead and get one. Truth be told, I bought it for my wife, who travels internationally for work, and she also loves to read so it's perfect for her.

I've already gotten the iWorks suite for her, as well as Bento, Garageband, iMovie and some other miscellaneous stuff, which thankfully were free thanks to work She's using Pages right now, and asked if there was a thesaurus feature in it, to which I said that there was only (as far as I know) a dictionary feature. We looked and found one fairly decent thesaurus app, but were wondering if there was anyway to get one that was able to tie directly in with using Pages?

I also would love to find her a very good note taking app, one you can use a stylus with for free hand. One that has a safety feature so that you can rest your palm while writing, as well as other useful things such as dropbox integration or cloud based... either way. Oh, and perhaps one that integrates voice based dictation perhaps? The more features the better I guess. Non free is fine, so long as the devs update often and it's worth it.

Is there a thread dedicated to suggested apps that I don't know about maybe?

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

There is one dedicated to notes - I'll see if I can find it.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Taking Notes on the iPad

Here you go. I haven't used mine in a while - I actually have about 4 - but just couldn't get used to using the stylus and haven't gone back to try again in a while
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Thanks dude. (are we too old for dude?). Right now I'm looking at notes plus and note taker HD. Underscore Notify looks ok-ish as well. I just figured that one of these apps would make a good companion to Pages.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I hate to admit this, but my top two APPs by usage are:

FreeCell
Sudoku

I have a lot of note taking APPs that I intended to try out and eventually use, but I find myself using the built-in Note APP instead (when I'm not playing FreeCell or Sudoku that is) . . .

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

Tiger Woods PGA Golf 2012...it's free and it's addictive. (it will pass the time away whilst flying that's for sure) but she may have to refrain her language when those short putts are missed and the long inaccurate drive needs a boat to continue...

J
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lost contacts after upgrade from 3s to 4s | App Store purchasing »