New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iCloud Calendar Invite not working with Lotus Notes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

John Greer

John Greer is on a distinguished road

Ever since I migrated from MobileMe to iCloud last week, my calendar invites from both my iPhone and my iMac are no longer readable by Lotus Notes (my wife). This is, obviously, a big problem!

I searched the Google-verse and do not see any other mention of this.
Am I alone?

-John

27" iMac w 4x3.4 GHz, iPhone 5 wannabe, 64GB iPod Touch & MobileMe
QUOTE Thanks
John Greer

My invitations no longer work for Outlook users either.
See this

-John

QUOTE Thanks
John Greer

I decided to open a real problem, so I went to Support.Apple.com and within a few short clicks, Apple called me.

I accidentally hung up on them, and they called back in 2 minutes.

I then waited in the queue for a few short minutes. The person who answered, understood my problem and transferred me to the iCal department where I waited another 15 minutes.

The iCal department then did some research for 10 minutes, and came back to tell me that, unfortunately, iCal is working / not broken. I disagreed, saying that this is my business computer and not being able to send meeting invites to anyone not using a MAC is insane.

The support guy suggested I tell the developers directly, via Apple - iCal - Feedback.

I did.

He suggested that you all do to. The more people who feedback, the faster we'll get a fix!

-John

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

So, I sent myself a calendar invite, from iCal on Lion to Notes 8.5 running in win 7. Worked just fine.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
John Greer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
So, I sent myself a calendar invite, from iCal on Lion to Notes 8.5 running in win 7. Worked just fine.
That makes two people who told me their Lotus Notes of the same version works. Interesting. Maybe it's something in the Windows version. I know it doesn't work running Notes 8.5 under WinXP.

Are you running iCal using MobileMe or iCloud? It worked for me, sending to Notes and Outlook, when my email was managed by MobileMe, but no longer works for either since I switched to iCloud...

-John

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

While I have a mobileme account, I converted everything over to iCloud a while back. Unfortunately, I don't have an XP box (as of two days ago) to test against.

Oh, running Notes 8.5 1FP5 in Basic mode. Wonder if the mode makes a difference?

mike
QUOTE Thanks
John Greer

I just sent a test calendar entry from my son's MacBook Pro. He has the same Lion version, but did not upgrade to iCloud.

-John

QUOTE Thanks
John Greer

I sent a test calendar entry from my son's MacBook Pro. He has the same Lion version, but did not upgrade to iCloud. That invite worked (the way mine used to before the iCloud upgrade). Both Outlook and Notes were able to open the attached ICS file and add my invitation to their calendar. This proves that it's iCloud.

Now, if Apple would just acknowledge / fix this...

-John

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

well, the fact that I have iCloud enabled, and it works... shows that it's not a systemic problem.

mike
QUOTE Thanks
John Greer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
well, the fact that I have iCloud enabled, and it works... shows that it's not a systemic problem.
Hmmmmm. You're right.
I thought I was on to something, but if it works for you then I'm back to the drawing board.

Do you have any ideas why it would work for you and not me?

I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74) with iCal 5.0.1 (1547.4).

Are you able to click on the ACCEPT within the invitation or do you have to open the attached ICS file?

-John

QUOTE Thanks
John Greer

... but it also doesn't work when I send an invite from my iPhone.
If it were my Mac, then the iPhone would work, and vice versa.
Having them both (iMac Lion and iPhone iOS 5) not work when I switched to iCloud, when they both used to work, makes me believe it's not me.

... but then why can others running Lion work and not me?

-John

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

I get...

"..informs you of the event: XXXXXXXX, scheduled for Month, D, YYYY at TTTT. To add it to your calendar, click the link below."

so, then I click on the .ics and it's added.

mike
QUOTE Thanks
bystander1968

bystander1968 is on a distinguished road

I have the opposite problem -sort of. My ipad and iphone are linked into my work network (which is a PC network). When I get or create an outlook meeting invite that is sent to others on my network, it shows up on my calendar on my device, but I cannot get it to show up in iCal on my iMac running Lion. I have the icloud calendars and iCal says it has my work calendars, and it definately does have some, but it doesn't have the ones the invites are on.

When I go into the invites on iPad, I cannot change the calendar that they show up on to move them to the work email calendar that does show up in iCal.

ANy suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
John Greer

I've tried many suggestions, yet all attempts on my end (iMac and/or iPhone) still use the underlying iCloud infrastructure and still send the Outlook/Notes user to iCloud.com

I did think of a work-around: I created a new Calendar on my Mac and send all invitations to the outside world thru that calendar. That worked for both my Outlook colleagues and my Notes colleagues. It's not perfect. They still have to open the attached ICS file, but at least the data makes it to their calendars. It took a while, but I'm now back to where I was before iCloud.

-John

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail Question | Reminders & Zimbra CalDAV »