New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iCloud/Calendar Double Entries

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RadioSaigon

RadioSaigon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0

As the title suggests, I have my Calendar synching to my iPhone via iCloud... and I'm getting some double-entries on my iPhone -but only on my Work calendar. I've checked iTunes, all the synching is being handled in the Cloud so that's not the problem. Has anyone else seen anything similar? Does anyone have any suggestions to offer please?

Keep it Straight with Rudder
QUOTE Thanks
jkr77

jkr77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" i7 quad core, 8GB, 2TBHD, ATI 5750

Did you by any chance have CalDav integration or Google Calendar Sync on your work calendar prior to enabling iCloud? That happened to me and I was effectively syncing twice. Or perhaps on your iCal you actually have two instances f your work calendar? (like by clicking on the Calendars button in iCal on a mac do you see two Work calendars)?

iMac 27" i7 quad core / 8GB RAM / 2TB HD / 5750 ATI
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

I think there is an earlier post on here about this, you need to specify either the 'iCloud' or 'on my Mac' calendar in iPhone but not both. I note though that you are on 10.6.7, the full experience will not work for your properly because the small print says you need Lion as a minimum on your MBP.
I've just turned everything off because I couldn't get the Calendar function working correctly,my music sync was hit and miss over iCloud and the Reminders app is only useable on the phone and won't sync because it's a Lion related add-in.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendlewitch View Post
I think there is an earlier post on here about this, you need to specify either the 'iCloud' or 'on my Mac' calendar in iPhone but not both. I note though that you are on 10.6.7, the full experience will not work for your properly because the small print says you need Lion as a minimum on your MBP.
I've just turned everything off because I couldn't get the Calendar function working correctly,my music sync was hit and miss over iCloud and the Reminders app is only useable on the phone and won't sync because it's a Lion related add-in.
Given my recent experiences I wouldn't recommend that you try resolving any issues until you have upgraded to Lion. I did last night and I have no more reservations about iCloud/iOS5, everything is syncing perfectly both ways here on wireless and Lion is excellent especially with a Trackpad.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iCal duplicates? | Getting 1630 unknown error about carrier settings when checking for update in Itunes »