New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

WiFi Sync not working. Add it to the list...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BParks115

BParks115 is on a distinguished road

I can't WiFi sync. I plugged my devices into my computer and turned on WiFi sync, then unplugged them from the computer, and into power, tried syncing and the Sync Now button is dimmed and it says Sync will resume when PC is available.

This is just one of many issues I got going on with my Apple products right now, so AAAANNNNYYY help is greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Did you manually sync with the cable first after turning on the wifi sync? I did that and it is all working even without being plugged into the wall. Of course, I am assuming you kept iTunes open when attempting to sync over wifi.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
xxsullyxx

xxsullyxx is on a distinguished road

The only benefit wifi sync really brings is the ability to not connect a cord to the PC or Mac to sync and backup to wifi. In other words, Your Mac has to turned on and iTunes has to be open in order to sync. You just don't have to plug the cord in.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Did you turn it on in iTunes AND on your iPhone?
QUOTE Thanks
sfam198

sfam198 is on a distinguished road

a cable sync after checking of the wi-fi sync button in iTunes was what did it for me. i'm having no trouble now. try that if you haven't done it yet.
QUOTE Thanks
BParks115

BParks115 is on a distinguished road

Tried it...
QUOTE Thanks
haybarn564

haybarn564 is on a distinguished road

Any fix? I have the same problem. Have turned it on in iTunes and on my iPhone. I know the iPhone is connected to iTunes wireless, because I can use the Remote app between my iPhone and iTunes. But it keeps saying "Sync will resume when Macbook is available"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 3G crash when installing update, now stuck on boot screen! | Mail has quit on my iPad »