10-14-2011, 12:24 AM #1iCloud to me: "Your email is already taken"
Here's my situation.
1. I already have a MobileMe account.
2. My Apple ID is not my MobileMe email. It's a Yahoo! email.
3. In my Settings/iCloud on my iPhone(3GS), everything syncs fine except turning on email. When I flip the toggle to enable email syncing, up pops the window with my correct (Yahoo!) email as my Apple ID.
4. I enter my password, and everything's still fine.
5. I now get a pop-up window asking me to create an iCloud email, which is to end with "me.com".
6. Since I already have a me.com email, which I want to keep, I "recreate" that same email.
7. I get an error message telling me that ID is already taken. Duh, it's mine.
I called Applecare, and they told me they didn't know the answer to that, as they themselves are new to iCloud.
Any suggestions? Thanks!
10-14-2011, 12:44 AM #2
Use your mobile me ID as your AppleID. I have a separate AppleID I use for the AppStore and a mobile me ID.. both working fine on the same phone.mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
10-14-2011, 01:13 AM #3
I deleted my iCloud account on my iPhone, then relaunched it and used my MobileMe email as my "Apple" ID. It worked and everything is fine.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By TheJigster in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 10-30-2014, 01:36 AM
By m3orange in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 02-09-2013, 12:56 PM
By lrd in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 01-01-2012, 10:24 PM
By RWB1967 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 0Last Post: 11-18-2011, 08:04 PM
By yzfmik in forum iOS and AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2011, 10:42 AM