Specs:
    Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
    Unhappy iPad after iTunes update today causes beach ball spin
    Updated Lion & iTunes this morning in readiness for ios5 for my iPad.
    Updated fine on my MacBookPro (Lion & iTunes). But when I plug in my iPad(2), iTunes locks up with the spinning beach ball, I have to force quit. iTunes runs fine until I plug in the iPad.

I've restarted a couple of times etc. Somehow the update of iTunes today 10.5 has upset the whole system. I need to plug the iPad in so I can update the OS to 5. So Catch22. I can't udate the OS, as iTunes is glitching when I plug in the iPad .......... what are my options????

can I "reload" iTunes 10.5 without losing my whole library (ie: delete iTunes & start again) ? if so, how.

help !!!!
    chances are I think you are a douche.

Specs:
    Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
    iTunes 10.5 freezes if I plug in iPad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry for duplicate thread as this appears in the Ipad area too, as I'm not sure if this is an Ipad issue or iTunes, or Lion even ....... !

I have updated Lion & also iTunes to v10.5 this very morning in order to accept IOS5 for my iPad.
    All updated & rebooted fine on my MacBookPro (Lion & iTunes).
    But, when I came to plug in my iPad(2), iTunes freezes (which was perfectly happy until I actually plug in the iPad) and then presents me with the spinning beach ball, so I have to then force quit iTunes (I've sent like 10 reports). Basically, iTunes will open & run fine until I plug in my iPad(v2).

I've restarted a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a simply "switch it off and on" issue. No dice.
    Somehow the update of iTunes today to 10.5 has upset the whole iTunes and iPad 'thang'.
    But, I need to plug the iPad in so I can update the IOS to 5 ...... but you need iTunes 10.5 to do this, Catch 22,

So, what are my options????

The simple question first is; can I "reload" iTunes 10.5 without losing my whole library, ie: can I simply delete iTunes 10.5 & download it all over again and see if that clears the issue? My only concerns with this are:
    can I actually just do this? and if I do, do I lose everything in my iTunes library, inc apps? ......

assistance gratefully received, UNLESS of course there is a less drastic fix to stop my iPad2 freezing iTunes.

in short, help !!!!

I must say, these little glitches have become more prevalent since I "upgraded" to Lion. 25+ years using a Mac without any real issues, now I'm on the forums like a newbie since the Lion roared. hhhmmmmmmm.

EDIT ** maybe I'm not alone, seems a 1 hour sync is not unusual ........ https://discussions.apple.com/message/16342940#16342940

Specs:
    maybe this will help in case anyone has the same ..........

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16342940#16342940

Thread Information