New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iPad after iTunes update today causes beach ball spin

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

karlos2000

karlos2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985

Updated Lion & iTunes this morning in readiness for ios5 for my iPad.
Updated fine on my MacBookPro (Lion & iTunes). But when I plug in my iPad(2), iTunes locks up with the spinning beach ball, I have to force quit. iTunes runs fine until I plug in the iPad.

I've restarted a couple of times etc. Somehow the update of iTunes today 10.5 has upset the whole system. I need to plug the iPad in so I can update the OS to 5. So Catch22. I can't udate the OS, as iTunes is glitching when I plug in the iPad .......... what are my options????

can I "reload" iTunes 10.5 without losing my whole library (ie: delete iTunes & start again) ? if so, how.

help !!!!

chances are I think you are a douche.
QUOTE Thanks
karlos2000

Mac Specs: Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for duplicate thread as this appears in the Ipad area too, as I'm not sure if this is an Ipad issue or iTunes, or Lion even ....... !

I have updated Lion & also iTunes to v10.5 this very morning in order to accept IOS5 for my iPad.
All updated & rebooted fine on my MacBookPro (Lion & iTunes).
But, when I came to plug in my iPad(2), iTunes freezes (which was perfectly happy until I actually plug in the iPad) and then presents me with the spinning beach ball, so I have to then force quit iTunes (I've sent like 10 reports). Basically, iTunes will open & run fine until I plug in my iPad(v2).

I've restarted a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a simply "switch it off and on" issue. No dice.
Somehow the update of iTunes today to 10.5 has upset the whole iTunes and iPad 'thang'.
But, I need to plug the iPad in so I can update the IOS to 5 ...... but you need iTunes 10.5 to do this, Catch 22,

So, what are my options????

The simple question first is; can I "reload" iTunes 10.5 without losing my whole library, ie: can I simply delete iTunes 10.5 & download it all over again and see if that clears the issue? My only concerns with this are:
can I actually just do this? and if I do, do I lose everything in my iTunes library, inc apps? ......

assistance gratefully received, UNLESS of course there is a less drastic fix to stop my iPad2 freezing iTunes.

in short, help !!!!

I must say, these little glitches have become more prevalent since I "upgraded" to Lion. 25+ years using a Mac without any real issues, now I'm on the forums like a newbie since the Lion roared. hhhmmmmmmm.

EDIT ** maybe I'm not alone, seems a 1 hour sync is not unusual ........ https://discussions.apple.com/message/16342940#16342940

QUOTE Thanks
karlos2000

maybe this will help in case anyone has the same ..........

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16342940#16342940

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Camera Issue | iOS 5 Error -34 »