New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

IOS 5 - Custom Ringtones

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Filletti

Filletti is on a distinguished road

Last night I upgraded my Iphone 4 GSM to the new IOS 5.

This morning I received the first call and noticed that the ringtone is changed to the default Marimba tune.

I had a custom ringtone, which I can find in my Music, but not in the settings to make it as a ringtone.

Any help?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
artemis55

artemis55 is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem but it's easy to fix. i just unchecked "sync ringtones", then synced my phone and then checked the "sync ringtones" again and synced. worked for me. if not try making new ringtones with itunes 10.5.
QUOTE Thanks
dimasok

dimasok is on a distinguished road

Got it to work... I was moving it previously to the iphone ringtone tab but for some reason I have to do it through the other tab now... odd.
QUOTE Thanks
metalmike

metalmike is on a distinguished road

I tried the above fixes, and I see my ringtone in iTunes. But when I try to sync or drag it to my iPhone nothing happens.....any thoughts?

EDIT: My ringtone was over 40 seconds, read through the forms, said it needed to be under 40. Unsync'd then re-sync'd and it's all good now!
QUOTE Thanks
addieb

addieb is on a distinguished road

I downloaded some ringtones from itunes, they downloaded fine, found them in settings under options for Ringtones, etc. Picked different songs for different functions, i.e. ringtone, text, new voicemail, etc. then gave individuals their own ringtones. Now my phone only vibrates and does not ring at all. I have double checked settings, everything is set the same as when it used to ring. I have synced with my computer, nothing works, any ideas?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cellphone Carriers Charging for iMessage? | App not opening »