New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

iOS 5 not syncing purchased Ringtones

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adistef1

adistef1 is on a distinguished road

I have just upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4. It's working great but my only issue is that I can't find my ringtones. iTunes says they've been synced but they dont show up on my phone. They are purchased through iTunes so I don't see why there would be an issue.
I tried rebooting the phone as well as de-authorizing and authorizing my macbook on iTunes.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I finally got it to work!

I had to UNsync everything individually then re-sync them all.
QUOTE Thanks
starseed

starseed is on a distinguished road

having the same issue but i can't seem to fix it. guess i'll be waking up to 'marimba' in the morning
QUOTE Thanks
Honorgirl

Honorgirl is on a distinguished road

I had that same problem. Thank you for your advice about unsyncing and resyncing individually. For some reason it won't sync them if I use the all ringtones selection but when I chose selected ringtones after unsyncing them all, it worked like a charm. I appreciate your help. :-)
QUOTE Thanks
HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP i5, 4GB, 500Gb HD, MBP372B/A, 15.6"

Got the same problem, sorry but can someone tell me how to un-sync ??? Having a moment or two today !!!

Thanks

[edit] Ignore ... got it !!!
QUOTE Thanks
dimasok

dimasok is on a distinguished road

Got it to work... I was moving it previously to the iphone ringtone tab but for some reason I have to do it through the other tab now... odd.
QUOTE Thanks
Jadeinok

Jadeinok is on a distinguished road

after spending a total go 15 hours updating my two iphone sand iPad all I hear is insufferable marimba! I have tried unsyncing and resyncing with ringtones individually checked and I STILL hear marimba. I am that Apple missed this and hasn't bothered to address it. Can anyone help me?
QUOTE Thanks
RMG78

RMG78 is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem, after a few attempts, I took the tick out of Sync Ringtones at the top under Ringtones in iTunes. Sync'd the phone, then put the tick back in, then also put the dot in Specified ringtones, ticked all, re-sync'd and they all appeared! hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
jklean

jklean is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your suggestions about unchecking the ringtone sync and then applying and then rechecking it and applying. It brought all my ringtones to the phone.
QUOTE Thanks
tins

tins is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adistef1 View Post
I have just upgraded to iOS 5 on my iPhone 4. It's working great but my only issue is that I can't find my ringtones. iTunes says they've been synced but they dont show up on my phone. They are purchased through iTunes so I don't see why there would be an issue.
I tried rebooting the phone as well as de-authorizing and authorizing my macbook on iTunes.

Yay! Glad I saw this forum, it worked! Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Chellidoc

Chellidoc is on a distinguished road

I have un-synced my ringtones. then synced them, tried one at a time....only will sync the tones purchased before upgraded to IOS 5. I downloaded 3 tones..(i-tunes) today...they show up in my library, but still WON'T sync. HELP!
QUOTE Thanks
hjuk

hjuk is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Thanks - saved me hours of grief!
QUOTE Thanks
Courtzski23

Courtzski23 is on a distinguished road

THANK YOU SO MUCH I WAS FREAKING OUT .... BUT NOW IT WORKS GREAT THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

QUOTE Thanks
RebArie158

RebArie158 is on a distinguished road

I have tried everything you all have suggested and I am still not able to get my purchased ringtones into my iphone.

I need help!

The Ringtones show an exclamation mark under devices tones. What does that mean?
QUOTE Thanks
booz85

booz85 is on a distinguished road

I figured it out! With whatever update they did, they changed the folder name which holds your ringers in it. If you go to your iTunes folder on your hard drive, go in there and go into iTunes Media, you'll see a Ringtones folder and a Tones folder. Move whatever ringers you have in the Ringtones folder to the Tones folder and re-sync your phone and you should be golden.
QUOTE Thanks
xtinktor

xtinktor is on a distinguished road

I've tried everything that you guys have tried, but my purchased tones still won't sync with my iPhone4
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« book collectors app | iPhone does NOTHING »