Specs:
    MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
    OMG iOS5 has bricked my iPhone 4
    Halp!!!

I had the "restore" issue everyone was having, so I kept trying to update the OS with iTunes. When I try to power the phone up, the iPhone's screen shows a picture of a USB cable and says it wants me to connect to iTunes. I connect to iTunes and it tells me it sees an iPhone that is in restore mode. I click on restore mode and it says it's contacting Apple, then after a few minutes it fails and gives me the stop sign box with unknown error #3014.

O_o

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by MQAAord View Post
    Halp!!!

I had the "restore" issue everyone was having, so I kept trying to update the OS with iTunes. When I try to power the phone up, the iPhone's screen shows a picture of a USB cable and says it wants me to connect to iTunes. I connect to iTunes and it tells me it sees an iPhone that is in restore mode. I click on restore mode and it says it's contacting Apple, then after a few minutes it fails and gives me the stop sign box with unknown error #3014.

O_o
    Try doing a hard reset on your phone by holding down the Home and Sleep buttons until you see the Apple appear.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
    I've tried that, all it does is give me the same "Connect to iTunes" visual indicator on the screen...

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    May be just that the servers are so overloaded right now.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    On the 6th restore attempt, I'm finally getting a "Restore in Progress" indication on the screen, so I think I may be getting somewhere...

(fingers and toes are crossed)

Specs:
    Wow. Looks like it was the server issue...

6 hours after starting the iOS5 download, it's installed & operative on my iPhone. I had to keep telling it to restore, and on the 6th attempt it finally restored & installed iOS5.

Good grief.

Thread Information