New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

what are some good navigation apps for ios?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

plmiller0905

plmiller0905 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB

I previously owned the all versions of the iPhone. I had a iPhone 4 right after it launched but took it back because I changed carriers.

Nevertheless, I currently have the new galaxy s epic 4G touch, on sprint. However if the rumors are true and sprint is getting the iPhone, I'm.looking to exchange my epic 4g touch for one.
(
But before I do that, I was wondering if someone can tell me if there's a comparable navigation app for the iPhone like that of Google maps for android? When I had my iPhone, I did have the navigan navigation app. But I haven't used that in while. So have no idea how it is now.

So if someone can chime in, that'll be great.

Thanks

Please give me more APPLES!
QUOTE Thanks
jmilikow

jmilikow is on a distinguished road

You should check out waze. Coverage is not perfect yet but it's getting better every day. It's free!
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

Waze is a really good app, and you can't beat free. If you're willing to pay, I found that motion-x gps offers great navigation on the cheap.

shameless plug for my blog
QUOTE Thanks
Demapples

Demapples is a jewel in the roughDemapples is a jewel in the rough

"Maps" is stock on the iPhone. "Navigon" works fine for me on land, iNavx on the water.

Longtime Windows, then onto slippery slope with iPod/iTunes in 2006, then Apple TV, iPad, iMac, iPhone and finally rejuvenated a discarded MacBook. Happy camper.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to get rid of red numbers on app icons? | iphone and gps app...HELP »