New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Music services other than iTunes for iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TKay

TKay is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some iPod-related advice. My last mp3 player was an 80GB Zune, which recently died. I'm looking to buy an iPod this time around, but I'm not sure what to get.

I thought about the iPod touch, but it only has a maximum capacity of 64GB (I barely had any room left on my 80GB Zune, so that won't work). So I'm looking into a 160GB iPod Classic. But I have one concern: is there any way I can load music onto my iPod without buying the music from iTunes?

Songs seem to be around $1 a piece on iTunes. I'd prefer to pay $10/month for Spotify and get unlimited music. But is there a way to put music from another service, such as Spotify, on my iPod? Can it be transferred from Spotify onto iTunes, then synced with my iPod?

If not Spotify, is there an equivalent service that allows for a premium monthly subscription fee as opposed to iTune's method (pay for songs/albums individually)?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice you can offer!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

NOte: Merged crossposts and placed it in the iOS and apps since you're really looking for a way to get music on your iPod.

Yes, Spotify music is compatible with iDevices, but you're going to need a Premium account. They have just released their API to iOS developers. So there should be more apps coming in the near future.

In the meanwhile, they already have their own app - link.

Beyond that, your iTunes music should all sync to any iOS device.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
aoifeee

aoifeee is on a distinguished road

Music doesn't have to be bought from itunes to put it onto ipod.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« App similar to Preview on my Mac | Reinstall iOS »