New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

App similar to Preview on my Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fjm4160

fjm4160 is on a distinguished road

I'm looking for an Ipad app that's similar to Preview on my Mac. Meaning I can to open a pdf file in Preview and delete unwanted articles, ads and then save the pdf file. If there's something similar (or better), I'm all ears.
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Not sure about a Preview type app, but I use GoodReader. It's $5, but well worth the money in my opinion. It opens almost any major file type, including audio and video, and allows for encryption and password protection of files. It's one of the first apps I bought and has been one of my top recommendations since.
QUOTE Thanks
fjm4160

fjm4160 is on a distinguished road

Thanks but I already have Goodreader. What I'm looking for is an app that will crop unwanted pages in an e-magazine and then save the file.
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Ahhhhh! Sorry, misunderstood that. I don't know of one that will crop pages or parts of pages. You might look up information on ReaddleDocs or iAnnotate. I know they both have a lot of editing features built in, but not certain either one will do what you're wanting exactly. ReaddleDocs does say you can extract text from a PDF, and maybe that's enough. But, reviews on both are very high, and they both appear to be solid PDF management apps.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

And you can't use Preview to do this because ...
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Might want to give Skim a try. Don't really know if it will do what you want or not.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What free app for iPhone albums without random order? | Music services other than iTunes for iPod »