Apps appearing on both iPad & iphone
    Anyone ever experienced downloading an app on iPad which then appear almost simultaneously on my iPhone. I have been getting for about a month now. I now only download once on my iPad and then it would appear on my iPhone.

Is this what icloud is all about ? Can anyone advise me ?

Specs:
    Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
    That's part of it. It's a setting on the iOS device that can be enabled or disabled. Open Settings, Store, and enable or disable Apps, Music, and Books. You can also check whether or not to allow synchronization via cell network, which will eat up your 3g data plan very quickly if you aren't careful.

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by EvenStranger View Post
    That's part of it. It's a setting on the iOS device that can be enabled or disabled. Open Settings, Store, and enable or disable Apps, Music, and Books. You can also check whether or not to allow synchronization via cell network, which will eat up your 3g data plan very quickly if you aren't careful.
    Thank you.
    I was having sleepless nights trying to figure it out. Would the new icloud function the same way too ? Can't wait to try it on with the IOS5

Specs:
    Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
    Haven't tried it out yet, but I think that's the goal... once a file has been updated to the cloud the changes would be reflected on all devices. That can be a double-edged sword, as mistakes can sync just as fast as corrections.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    I have it enabled on my iPhone 4 and iPad only for music purchased from iTunes. Not apps. I never buy music or apps when I'm away from home so I don't have to worry about the data usage to sync - it's always done at home on my wi-fi network. Safer, easier, faster, and no worries about exceeding my data cap.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Thread Information