New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Facetime problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fisher2010

Fisher2010 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz, 4gb Ram

Hi

I am having problems facetiming as of late.

Back a few months ago I used to facetime a number of people, but lately I can only do this to one contact. They all seem to be having the same problem and I cannot for the life of me work out why?

Its the same on my ipad, I can only facetime the same person

Anyone help?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I have heard variations on this question a lot, and so far the answer has always turned out to be that the other people were using the FaceTime beta and never upgraded, so of course their FaceTime client no longer works.

You might investigate and see if that's the case with your contacts. Hint: if they haven't paid anything for FaceTime, that's the problem. It costs $1 for the finished Mac version (it's included free on iPhone 4s).
QUOTE Thanks
Fisher2010

But this is from iphone to iphone, used to work, now it doesnt????
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Ah, well that's different. Bearing in mind that FaceTime doesn't work on 3G or 4G data, but ONLY on Wi-Fi, could that have anything to do with the issue?
QUOTE Thanks
Fisher2010

Dont think so, just doesnt seem to give the options anymore for those people

strange?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Certain songs won't transfer to ipod. Can you tell me why? | Exporting Exchange Group contacts from Iphone »