New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

MMS on Iphone 3gs WITHOUT DATA PLAN?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amuk

amuk is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a question, I don't have a data plan on my iPhone 3GS. So i am unable to send or receive MMS. My iPhone is on 4.3.3 jailbroken, Locked, i can unlock it if needed.
I was just wondering is there a way to send and receive MMS over WIFI like is there an app or something.
I dont wanna get a data plan its too expensive. and ps im in canada over Bell network.

Thank you, all help will be appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Need to ask your carrier. It has nothing to do with the phone itself.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
amuk

Oh nono, the carrier saids i need a Data plan to use the MMS feature.
Im just wondering if theres a HACK or something that will let me send and recieve MMS by using WIFI
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute

No, MMS is done via the carrier. There is no hack or work around...and definitely not any that would be legal if there were.

QUOTE Thanks
amuk

Ohh what about an app that lets you send messages to a phone
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuk View Post
Ohh what about an app that lets you send messages to a phone
There are lots of IM clients out there for phones. But both phones need to be running that IM client.

QUOTE Thanks
amuk

Ohh fail
Thanks alot for the information.
Appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

If you're jailbroken, I believe biteSMS would work for sending SMS messages. They cost $.12 each in the US. Not sure if it receives SMS though. Received messages may just show up in the standard messaging app. It's worth trying though...
QUOTE Thanks
amuk

Ohh, i already have biteSMS, but i only use it because of the addition features and i have tried i cant recieve MMS on it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Verizon iPhone 4 having issues sending picture text messages | What are some good games that can be played on Mac and iPod Touch? »