New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

question on sending group emails and text

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

oddjobbb

oddjobbb is on a distinguished road

is there any way to send an email or text to everyone in a group of contacts without having to add each contact one at a time?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Since you've written this in the "iOS and Apps" section, I have to assume that what you're really asking is "can I email or text a message to a group ON THE IPHONE, IPAD OR IPOD TOUCH"?

Assuming this is correct, the answer to the question is yes, BUT.

The "yes BUT" is that you can only email or text groups that have been pre-defined in your Contacts list/Address Book. Which you do on your computer.

So, for example I would fire up Address Book on my Mac, create a group called "Family," move the appropriate names there, then sync my iDevice. Now, if I want to send a text or email to everyone in that group, all I have to do is press the + button, add the group, and press send.
QUOTE Thanks
oddjobbb

yes i am talking about my iPhone 4. when i do what you suggest and click the plus sign i go to my groups and click on the one i want, it just takes me to the individual names in that group and i am forced to click on each name to add them.
what am i doing wrong?
QUOTE Thanks
Reid Stairs

Reid Stairs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjobbb View Post
yes i am talking about my iPhone 4. when i do what you suggest and click the plus sign i go to my groups and click on the one i want, it just takes me to the individual names in that group and i am forced to click on each name to add them.
what am i doing wrong?
My iPad does the same thing.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Oops! You're doing nothing wrong. That's what I get for relying on my wife to give me the answer instead of testing it myself. Turns out she's using a third-party app. DOH!

Without a third-party app, group texting works exactly as you describe. Here's the app my wife uses: Group SMS for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Cost is $1.
QUOTE Thanks
oddjobbb

thanks just bought it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No sim card installed after updating to 4.3.5 | Sharing apps »