07-27-2011, 10:14 PM #1
Help! PLEASE! Jailbreak gone wrong!
- Member Since
- Jul 27, 2011
I wanted to jailbreak my iPad (bad idea.) I followed the steps right and then my iPad entered recovery mode and wanted me to attach it to iTunes, so I did because by this time i didn't want to jailbreak anymore and I just wanted my iPad back. I downloaded the latest iOS update and it gave me a message saying , "The iPad 'iPad' could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." Now I'm stuck here...
What should I do?
Help me please!
07-28-2011, 01:18 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jul 16, 2011
- Auckland, NZ
For Mac OS X:
1. Click Finder.
2. At the top menu, click Go.
3. Select “Go To Folder” from the submenu.
4. Type “/private“.
5. Open the folder “etc” and locate the “hosts” file.
6. Copy it to your desktop > right click > show info > make sure you have the rights to read and edit it.
7. Open it in text editor.
8. Search “126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com” (somewhere at the bottom normally)
9. Add a “#” and a space before it and save the file.
10. Copy it back into the “etc” folder and replace the old “hosts” file.
11. Restart iTunes and it should be fixed!
Go to my Computer and select the Windows partition
Navigate to Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Right click and click on "Open With..." and then click on "Notepad" on the list.
Remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file.
Restart iTunes and it should be fixed.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By MasterShake in forum iOS and AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-14-2013, 09:48 AM
By aidenzralka in forum iPhone Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 02-26-2013, 09:17 AM
By yelan468 in forum iPhone Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 1Last Post: 04-14-2012, 11:18 AM
By hollisterb in forum iPod Hardware and AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 09-22-2010, 09:27 AM