I just have a few jail-breaking questions. I have a 1st gen iPad 3G + WiFi running iOS 4.3.4. I want to jailbreak just to try it out to see if I like it or not. So my questions are as follows:
1. My warranty will be voided if I jail-break, correct?
2. Is it possible to undo a jail-break? If so, how?
3. Will my warranty still be void if I undo the jail-break?
4. If I take my iPad to be serviced and the jail-break is undone, will the apple employee know that it was previously jail-broken? Will Apple automatically know if my iPad is jail-broken once i jail-break it?
5. Will my 3G still work correctly? There won't be any service changes or functionality changes, will there?
6. What is the best tool to jail-break iOS 4.3.4?
7. Apps can still be downloaded and updated using the App Store, correct?
8. Is jail-breaking worth it?
First and foremost, this forum does not endorse jailbreaking.
However, I will give you some answers
2)Yes, you just do a restore using iTunes,
5)Should be the same
6)Depends on your OS, just google it.
8) IMHO, not really. The only thing I've EVER used it for is to get free tethering, which is something I occassionally need when traveling, but on the whole there's no real advantage to it, and especially with iOS5 coming out there's even less of a point.
The only real app for iPad that I've heard is actually worth it is retinapad, which makes normal iPhone apps display full screen on an iPad. Most of the people that do JB use if for tethering, carrier unlock, and blatant hacking (which we do not endorse).
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.