New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

ios 4.3.4 error when installing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mooshud

mooshud is on a distinguished road

has anyone else had issues installing the new 4.3.4
it wont upgrade.

note: itunes is upgraded to latest.

i have iphone 3gs runnning 4.3.3
QUOTE Thanks
anarresti

anarresti is on a distinguished road

Cannot upgrade to iOS 4.3.4
After the whole process, there is an error message.

I have iTunes upgraded to the latest and use an iPod 4 (with 4.3.3 installed)
QUOTE Thanks
DeanP

DeanP is on a distinguished road

Not enough detail, please describe more of the problem.

4.3.5 is the latest, not 4.3.4
QUOTE Thanks
anarresti

Hello,

A couple days ago, 4.3.4 was the lastest version.
I was glad to know there was already 4.3.5, thinking Apple might have fixed it, but the exact same thing happens, whe I try to install 4.3.5

I am trying to update on a PC with Windows 7 Home Edition installed and the latest iTunes.

The iPod is synched with iTunes.
A box shows, and I agree to the terms, and the transfer and installation begins. After 8 minutes, it freezes showing "Tranfering 1 element", "Ipod software update (processing file)"
[all these messages I am freely translating from portuguese, I don't get them in english]

The error box [my translation] says:

"There was a problem when transfering the software for the iPod [my username]. The internet connection did not respond in the available time.

Make sure your connection settings are correct and the connection is active, or try again later"

My internet connection is working without problems, apparentely. Do you think it is related to that, to some configuration detail on my connection?

[the image I send is a screenshot of the error I get]
Attached Images
File Type: png error.png (249.2 KB, 27 views)
QUOTE Thanks
anarresti

Anyone?
I just tried to install 4.3.5, and got the exact same error.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

When connecting the iPod, does it still prompt you to Download or optionally Download and Install the update? If so, do the Download-only option for now and let's see what happens.

Also… how much free space is on your PC's hard drive?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
anarresti

I have 12 GB free on my hard drive.
There is the option to download-only, as usual.
I did it, and I got the exact same error I described.
QUOTE Thanks
DeanP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarresti View Post
Try disabling your firewall and your anti virus while it is
Downloading and Installing. It may be interfering with iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarresti View Post
12 GB free is it? Ouch. You need more space. It's probably heavily fragmented, which causes numerous problems. With so little space, you likely have issues with reading/writing the cache. The drive is also probably working quite a bit harder than it should be… I wouldn't be surprised if it's at the end of its life. You should get a new drive pronto.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
DeanP

Just to add to lifeisabeach post, use Disk Cleanup (My Computer), CCleaner and start uninstalling unwanted programs.
QUOTE Thanks
anarresti

I just got it.

I updated iTunes to the latest version, and the iOS update worked.

Thank you for your advices,
Best regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apps appearing on both iPad & iphone | Delete emails on iPhone 4, Entourage 2004 with POP account »