Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Jul 06, 2011
    Posts
    2
    Is there an app to use the iPhone as a USB keyboard / mouse
    I work on a lot of touchscreen PC's which don't have keyboards or mice attached to them.

    Generally they are locked down so I can't install software on them and often don't have access to the WI-FI network they are on.

    Is there an app so that when I connect my iPhone via its dock cable I can use the iPhone as a wired keyboard / mouse for the PC?

    It would save me carrying a keyboard and mouse around everywhere as all I would need would be my iPhone and the dock cable.

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    20,911
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I have an app that lets me use the iPhone as a wireless touchpad -- TouchMouse I think it was called (wife has the iPhone and is not here at the moment).

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Jul 06, 2011
    Posts
    2
    I have one that does wireless, logitech make it, but that isn't always appropriate because i cant install stuff on every machine i work on, it must be USB

  4. #4

    Lifeisabeach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Neptune
    Posts
    7,757
    Quote Originally Posted by adecelis View Post
    I have one that does wireless, logitech make it, but that isn't always appropriate because i cant install stuff on every machine i work on, it must be USB
    No, you cannot connect your iPhone by USB and use it as a wired keyboard/mouse. There are no apps that add this functionality.

  5. #5

    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,625
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Mobile Mouse Server. Free.
    It actually works wirelessly over BT, but there's nothing stopping you from having your iPhone plugged in at the same time to save battery life. I use it with my iPhone and my MBP when watching TV shows with my Mac connected to my TV. Works great because you can switch to keyboard to type and I don't have to get off the couch to browse to a different website. You have to install the app on your Mac and on your iPhone. Both can be found in their respective app stores.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

    Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

  6. #6

    Lifeisabeach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Neptune
    Posts
    7,757
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Mobile Mouse Server. Free.
    It actually works wirelessly over BT, but there's nothing stopping you from having your iPhone plugged in at the same time to save battery life. I use it with my iPhone and my MBP when watching TV shows with my Mac connected to my TV. Works great because you can switch to keyboard to type and I don't have to get off the couch to browse to a different website. You have to install the app on your Mac and on your iPhone. Both can be found in their respective app stores.
    You guys are completely misunderstanding what he wants. He wants to use his iPhone as a WIRED keyboard and mouse, on computers that he CANNOT add software to or otherwise modify.

  7. #7

    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,625
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    You guys are completely misunderstanding what he wants. He wants to use his iPhone as a WIRED keyboard and mouse, on computers that he CANNOT add software to or otherwise modify.
    Oops! I didn't read the part about cannot add software. Sorry. Guess I wasn't fully awake this morning.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

    Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

  8. #8

    Lifeisabeach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Neptune
    Posts
    7,757
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Oops! I didn't read the part about cannot add software. Sorry. Guess I wasn't fully awake this morning.
    Now that I drink stronger coffee, I'm bouncing off the walls all morning.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. HELP!! Problem with Macbook 3 1, usb, keyboard, and mouse
    By PhantumNY in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 09:30 PM
  2. HELP!! Problem with Macbook 3 1, usb, keyboard, and mouse
    By PhantumNY in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
  3. App to use iPhone as mouse through USB
    By Jsplinter in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
  4. a usb mac keyboard and mouse
    By gothicfreak2006 in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 01:52 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •