Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Chris H.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 03, 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,641
    Question About Apps and iCloud Beta
    So, I'm noticing there are apps that I have deleted that are still available. I deleted them for one reason or another. Is there any way to get rid of them?

    (When I say I deleted them, I mean they are not synced to any device, and are not in my iTunes library.)
     iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3
     iPhone 6 64GB - iOS 9.3
     Mac mini early 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
     MacBook unibody/white late 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

  2. #2

    bobtomay's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 22, 2006
    Location
    Texas, where else?
    Posts
    26,462
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Don't re-download them.

    That's the whole purpose of showing everything you've ever purchased. If they allow for folks to delete them from their purchase history, then they have to deal with folks that "thought" they would never want something again, deleting it, now changing their mind a year later and it's no longer there, calling up and asking "Can you put it back?".
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

  3. #3

    Chris H.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 03, 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,641
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    Don't re-download them.

    That's the whole purpose of showing everything you've ever purchased. If they allow for folks to delete them from their purchase history, then they have to deal with folks that "thought" they would never want something again, deleting it, now changing their mind a year later and it's no longer there, calling up and asking "Can you put it back?".

    Hmmm...I see now. So even though we don't want them, we still have them available in case we change our mind...gotcha.
     iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3
     iPhone 6 64GB - iOS 9.3
     Mac mini early 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
     MacBook unibody/white late 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

  4. #4

    schweb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    13,190
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H. View Post
    Hmmm...I see now. So even though we don't want them, we still have them available in case we change our mind...gotcha.
    It's really no different than what existed before, except they give you a list rather than you needing to find them in the store.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

    Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr


  5. #5

    Chris H.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 03, 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,641
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    It's really no different than what existed before, except they give you a list rather than you needing to find them in the store.
    Well at least they give you the option...
     iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3
     iPhone 6 64GB - iOS 9.3
     Mac mini early 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
     MacBook unibody/white late 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. iCloud Beta site reveals new web-based Notes, Reminders
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 10:00 AM
  2. New OS X 10.7.2 build and iCloud beta 7 released to developers
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2011, 08:16 AM
  3. Apple's iCloud Beta Goes Live on the Web
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 07:48 PM
  4. iOS 5 beta 4 adds Windows Wi-Fi sync, some iCloud now live
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 07:10 PM
  5. Apple Posts iCloud Transition Q&A, Confirms iCloud Will Have Web Apps
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2011, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •