New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

is it safe to buy another ipad 2?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ecg■eow

Ecg■eow is on a distinguished road

I bought an ipad 2 a few days after it came out, and it had the infamous light bleed issue, so I returned it. I've been waiting to buy another one until I can be reasonably sure that it won't have the same issues.

I recently heard that LG is to blame, and that apple has switched their screen provider from LG to Samsung. Is this true? and is the problem fixed? Is it safe for me to get another ipad?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I've also read about the change in iPad screens recently. Since you can always return it if there is a problem, there's no harm in buying one now to see if it's been resolved.
I remember reading that the light bleed issue went away on its own after a while, but maybe not for everyone. ??

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
class77

class77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4

I bought one of the later editions of the iPad and and got if from the local store. I've experience no bleeding whatsoever or any other problems except a strange flash occasionally when I go from a program back to the home screen. I have no idea what that's about, but it hasn't had any negative impact on the iPad2

 24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
 2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
 iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
 iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5
QUOTE Thanks
Ecg■eow

Ecg■eow is on a distinguished road

I bought the second one with a gift card that I was suckered into getting for the original instead of getting my money back. Can I still return the second one if it has a problem even though I used a gift card?
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

I don't know if the light bleed through was really that big of a epidemic I know there were numerous post about it but there were also an awful lot of iPads sold without issue. I have had mine since a couple weeks after launch and have had no bleed through. I think u will be fine and I think if u use a gift card there gonna give u a gift card in return but I'm sure if you explained the situation and had your original return receipt from the first iPad2 they would return you money.
QUOTE Thanks
ElegantEsthetic

ElegantEsthetic will become famous soon enough

I'd also love to know when these new Samsung-display iPad 2s will begin shipping; the amount of light bleed on my iPad is ridiculous; there are numerous spots on the left, bottom, top, and right of the screen that bleed through (some are larger than others, but they're there.)

I'm not interested so much in returning the iPad as I am in exchanging it so I've held onto it--it's still usable, just irritating to spend $650 and have this type of issue.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DHCP on iPad | Accidently deleted "photos" or "camera roll" button from iphone home screen. »