New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Ipad battery is not fully charged

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thio_25

thio_25 is on a distinguished road

Hi there!

I have a little doubt about my ipad battery condition. 3 weeks ago, I updated my iOS to iOS 4.3.2. Since then I have charged my ipad 3 times. The first time (since updated) it could be fully charged but later it always stops charging at 96%. Does anyone here have the same problem? How should I fix it?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
John Daerson

John Daerson is on a distinguished road

No, this is not the case with me, mine is working absolutely fine,,,even after updating. In fact i have updated it last week itself...
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

4.3.3 here on first generation iPad and battery charges right up to 100% every time.

How old is your iPad ?? That does not sound right at all.
QUOTE Thanks
thio_25

thio_25 is on a distinguished road

I got my first generation ipad December last year, so it's about 5 mths now. Btw, I'm not a heavy user at all. I usually charge my ipad once a week or when my battery level is 10% or lower (but never let it totally drain). Should I restart it or just update it to iOS 4.3.3?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I would try the update and if it still does it, take it to Apple. 5 months old with the way you use it, it still should be like new.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Funny that you mention the 96%. My iPhone 4 does that too. Sometimes it quits charging and reports 96% as a full charge, and other times it goes to 100%. I am going to ask a genius when I get time.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

I had this happend to me how I think I fixed it was to let the battery drain completely then charge it all the way back up. The method worked for me and has The issue has not returned.
QUOTE Thanks
Filterlab

Filterlab is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone 4, iPods, AirPort blah blah

Ideally, the battery should be left to drain completely every time (as should all Lithium Ion based battery devices), it does nothing but good things for battery life.

Let your iPad drain completely and then charge it via the mains charger. Don't worry if it doesn't charge to 100% on the first charge, just repeat the drain/charge process until it does - and it will.

I just can't get enough of that Apple loveliness! Piled up they are, piled up around the house - like acrylic and aluminium testaments to Apple's genius. And they all work perfectly, obviously.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pay to unlock iPhone | How to move a .pdf to Ipod Touch »