New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Looking for an app

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

toons4tw

toons4tw is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am looking for an app that is similar to Skype. Skype is a great app but it does have its drops in connection. And also I would like to know if anyone has a better alternative to Skype, but that is similar in features and interface.

One other thing, is the desktop sharing in Skype, which is a great feature by the way. Just when I use it for PC to iPod the quality isn't to good at all. I know it might be the resolution difference but it shouldn't be because I have used Mocha VNC lite and the quality is much much much better. And by desktop sharing or screen sharing I dont mean anything like VNC or remote assistance. Not looking to take over my own pc using my iPod or some else using my iPod. I am looking to show my desktop screen to someone that is using their iPod. So my PC screen to someone's iPod screen

P.S. Skype can do that, just the quality is ehhh, looking for better quality

Thanks for the help, it is greatly Appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Don't know of 1 app - but if you want remote control the best one I've found so far is teamviewer
TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
They make a client for everything.

Skype does have its problems but it seems to be able to handle the widest range of bandwidth. If the people you are talking to have iPhone/iPad/iPod touchs and/or Macs you could try Facetime. I've found that Skype works better on lower bandwidth but Facetime quality is better when it works.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Suspicious | A game like second life, but for ipod touch. »