New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Jailbreaking ipad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MontanaMac

MontanaMac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" OS X 10.6.4 / 3.2 GHz / Intel Core i3 / 4 GB 13333 MHz DDR3

What are the benefits and downfalls of Jailbreaking? Is it advisable to hack the iPad this way?
QUOTE Thanks
Tommyg80

Tommyg80 is on a distinguished road

That depends on what you are planning to do with the jail broken I pad. The real question is "why are you thinking about jail breaking your I pad?"
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

That's why I am here asking, because I have seen a lot of comments about it, and wanted the advice from you guys here whether it's advisable or not. I don't plan on doing it as of now, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing out on some huge benefits. I don't really even know what is involved with it.
QUOTE Thanks
Tommyg80

Tommyg80 is on a distinguished road

Well, my reason for jail breaking my devices is added functionality. For example, "Miwi Fi" on my I phone. For the iPad, programs like "I-file" are also great. Honestly, It all depends on what you want to do with your devices. Many people also J/b there devices so they can pirate. Others jail break so they can totally customize their phone. There is something for everyone when it comes to jail breaking. You just need to find out why you want to jailbreak. My suggestion is do, play with it, and if it's not for you, restore and your good to go.

Tom
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

I don't even have an iPhone. I guess until I see a need or learn more about Apple, I'll just hold off.
QUOTE Thanks
MontanaMac

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. As far as updating my iso version on the iPad, where do I go for that? Not even sure which version I have, probably need to check.
QUOTE Thanks
Jman

Jman is on a distinguished road

When you plug the ipad into your mac or PC and itunes pops up, it will let you know if theres an upgrade (unless you turned that off). You can find your device in itunes and it should say the version number there and have an upgrade button if your not up-to-date.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pages & Keynote | Wifi problems for iPhone 4 »