New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

How to do with some web only support IE

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chimray

chimray is on a distinguished road

Already try some Apps like Puffins, Skyfire, but still not working, can anyone tell me how to do as I need to do some internet banking in Ipad and seem they only support IE, when I use Safrai, just can entre the username, cannot fill the password area, appear the message I need to use IE and also only support 1024 x 768.

Thanks for help !
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I know this isn't particularly helpful, but I'd consider going with a different bank.

If they are that behind the times on online banking, imagine how behind the times their security is.

Another option would be to try Atomic Web Browser, and set the user agent to IE. That may trick the site, but if it's truly reliant on IE-only technologies like ActiveX scripting, then it probably won't work.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
chimray

Tks but I can't use different bank, I have that bank account already, any Apps can help like a similar IE ????? Just wonder !
QUOTE Thanks
chimray

Is it related to the FLASH issue ????
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimray View Post
Is it related to the FLASH issue ????
Probably not.

Several years ago, when IE was more common, Microsoft started introducing proprietary technologies for web site owners that required IE.

The biggest one of these, a scripting language called ActiveX, proved to be extremely insecure. So, as the public started moving away from IE and onto better, more secure browsers, most companies that wanted to keep their customers also moved away from using these proprietary technologies.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
chimray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Probably not.

Several years ago, when IE was more common, Microsoft started introducing proprietary technologies for web site owners that required IE.

The biggest one of these, a scripting language called ActiveX, proved to be extremely insecure. So, as the public started moving away from IE and onto better, more secure browsers, most companies that wanted to keep their customers also moved away from using these proprietary technologies.
Then how can I solve the problem, can u go into the site to take a look, ????, but sorry, it is Chinese letter inside
QUOTE Thanks
chimray

????
QUOTE Thanks
chimray

Can't post the web address here ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iptoCountry web services application | iPhone OS 3.0 - Duplicate Calendar Events & Contacts »