New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Multiple App Store accounts?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jman

Jman is on a distinguished road

Me and my brother both recently got apple devices (an ipad 2 and an ipod touch 4th gen). We both have separate apple accounts. It just occurred to me that this means we have to pay for everything twice if we want it on both devices. Could I just log out of the app store and log in as my brother any time I wanted to download something purchased under his account? Would this work? And when I sync it back to my computer, would it be deleted?
QUOTE Thanks
roflitskyle

roflitskyle has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD

You won't have to pay for an app two times. My family and I do it all the time. If some one already bought it on the ID than the person that wants to download it just has to download it.

- Kyle
QUOTE Thanks
Jman

Yes, if on the same ID. But me and my brother both have separate accounts on each device. The ipod has his account and the ipad has mine. And we have already bought stuff on both of them. I know, stupid of me. But can I say, log in to his account from my ipad and then download stuff he has purchased? I'm afraid that when I sync it to my cpu it will be deleted because its not 'purchased' from my account.
QUOTE Thanks
roflitskyle

roflitskyle has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman View Post
Yes, if on the same ID. But me and my brother both have separate accounts on each device. The ipod has his account and the ipad has mine. And we have already bought stuff on both of them. I know, stupid of me. But can I say, log in to his account from my ipad and then download stuff he has purchased? I'm afraid that when I sync it to my cpu it will be deleted because its not 'purchased' from my account.
Yes, you guys can use each others Apple IDs to download what he has purchased.

- Kyle
QUOTE Thanks
Jman

Okay, It has been working up till now. Whenever he gets something I can download it on my ipad no problem. But when I bought something, I can't download it on his ipod. Even when I purchase the ipod version. What gives? i bought infinity blade (which is a universal app, so it should work on both) and nazi zombies (the ipod version). What gives?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is there any web-key breaker app??!! | Please help me!! itunes says there is a problem with your device? »