New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

help I think restoring my iPhone broke it (tried to restore jail broken)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

juliia

juliia is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a huge issue.
I jailbroak my iPhone 3G that upgraded the baseband
My issue is now is that I'm unable to restore it. I tried and it have me a 1015 error.
So I have no way of using my precious phone. Is there any way to downgrade , or any firmware I can restore my iPhone for it to somehow work.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Are you wanting to jailbreak it again or are you just looking to get it restored to latest baseband and OS?

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
juliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard2010 View Post
Are you wanting to jailbreak it again or are you just looking to get it restored to latest baseband and OS?

- Simon
I want to jail break it again if its possible. I'll just be glad to know any way of getting my phone to being usable again.
QUOTE Thanks
Tommyg80

Tommyg80 is on a distinguished road

Did you hit "restore" or "update?" jailbrlen phones cannot be updated. They need to be restored first.

Second, does your screen have the "connect to iTunes" screen. If so have you tried kickinig out of DFU mode using tiny umbrella?
QUOTE Thanks
juliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyg80 View Post
Did you hit "restore" or "update?" jailbrlen phones cannot be updated. They need to be restored first.

Second, does your screen have the "connect to iTunes" screen. If so have you tried kickinig out of DFU mode using tiny umbrella?
I had clicked restore.
I Have tried tiny Umbrella, it only works when I load 3.2 with 4.0 it starts to load then goes back to the connect to iTunes screen.
QUOTE Thanks
Tommyg80

Tommyg80 is on a distinguished road

Can you explain clearly what is going on. I can prob help you but I need to know a few thinhgs. First, I need to know what you are trying to do. Are you trying to restore to an older iO/S or the most current for your device?

Which IO/S's have succefully been restored, and which one fails. Also, have you redirected your itunes to point at cydia, or is it still pointed at Apple?

A simpke restore shouldnt be a prob, but I am unsure if you are just trying to do that. Also, I would recoment trying the restore from a different computer if you can.

Thanks,
Tom
QUOTE Thanks
juliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyg80 View Post
Can you explain clearly what is going on. I can prob help you but I need to know a few thinhgs. First, I need to know what you are trying to do. Are you trying to restore to an older iO/S or the most current for your device?

Which IO/S's have succefully been restored, and which one fails. Also, have you redirected your itunes to point at cydia, or is it still pointed at Apple?

A simpke restore shouldnt be a prob, but I am unsure if you are just trying to do that. Also, I would recoment trying the restore from a different computer if you can.

Thanks,
Tom
I am trying to restore to the newest iOS for my device.

The only one that worked is 3.1.3

Its pointed at apple. I don't know how to point it to cydia or why.

I've tried two different computers, my iMac and macbook pro.

I had originally used Redsn0w 0.9.5 to jailbreak if thats any importance.

I'm a noob at this :S I'm use to rooting android phones using the terminal, iOS and itunes confused me.
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Force the iPhone into DFU mode then try restoring it from there, full explanation of how to achieve DFU mode here:

1. First, Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

Hope this helps

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
juliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard2010 View Post
Force the iPhone into DFU mode then try restoring it from there, full explanation of how to achieve DFU mode here:

1. First, Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

Hope this helps

- Simon
I tried and it still wont work, I'm going to try to redirect apple to cydia then try again, if not I'll try on a windows computer, maybe for some strange reason it will make a difference.
QUOTE Thanks
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

This is why I don't ever recommend jailbreaking

 MacBook Air 13'' (2013) 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7
 iPad 4 (16GB) White
 AT&T iPhone 5 (32GB) Black
 Original iPad (16GB) Black
QUOTE Thanks
juliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy90 View Post
This is why I don't ever recommend jailbreaking
lol yeah. I had no choice, the cheapest phone I could find was with an other carrier. no matter I got it to 4.1. I won't ever jail break my ipad 2.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone 4 locks up in Contacts (over 6000 contacts) | Looking for a simple HTML viewer? »