New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

I cannot see iphone in finder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Vriborg

Vriborg is on a distinguished road

I have just bought a MacBook pro 15 and I'm trying to get to know it.
However I have already discovered a problem - I cannot see the my Iphone 4 in Finder.
I have added the phone to Itunes and it works, but not in finder.
I have added ipod under settings..

What am I doing wrong ? please help
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Nothing. You don't manage your iPhone from Finder - everything is done through iTunes. The only way to get your iPhone to show up is to jailbreak it.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Vriborg

Vriborg is on a distinguished road

Hello
Thank you very much, but then how do I get my music from the phone to the new Itunes library ?
If I syncronize, I only get the songs bought on the phone - not the rest ?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes on your new Mac and on your old computer and transfer all your music and videos.

iTunes: Understanding Home Sharing

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
brigrat

brigrat is on a distinguished road

there is no authorized way to get anything synced from one computer/mac to another using the iPhone/iPod/etc. There are third party software solutions available, but I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about them on the forums.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigrat View Post
there is no authorized way to get anything synced from one computer/mac to another using the iPhone/iPod/etc. There are third party software solutions available, but I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about them on the forums.
Not a problem, when as in this case, the op is attempting to get their own music onto a new computer or maybe had a drive die and replaced it, etc.

I just have enough computers and backups, I've never had the need to transfer that stuff off one of my iDevices and so haven't kept track of the few apps most recommended for this.

There are plenty of posts here recommending apps, should be able to find a few using the search function here in the forum.

Is a problem when the an op is trying to move a "friend's" music (basically pirating) onto their computer. And prefer recommendations to be one of the "real legitimate" Mac developers apps, not one of those companies that has 10 different apps that all do the same thing essentially and whose primary advertising comes through spamming forums.

(Home Sharing is a great way to sync an iTunes library from one machine to another though.)

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
brigrat

brigrat is on a distinguished road

In that case, I used iPhone explorer to recover all of my wifes photos off her iPhone when her PC died a few weeks ago. It would work great for music too. All you have to do is start the program, explore the files, find your music and drag and drop.

Quick note, your files are going to be renamed and your mete data will not transfer, but you will still get all of your music back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Run 4g Tethering on your iPad? | any good budget apps? »